#1  
Old 8th July 2011, 11:12
mediawest mediawest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Default android app?

i have been looking for a livestream app for android. any idea if they are working on it?
  #2  
Old 8th July 2011, 12:00
jasonlive's Avatar
jasonlive jasonlive is offline
Livestream
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediawest View Post
i have been looking for a livestream app for android. any idea if they are working on it?
Mediawest,

Our dev team is working on a Livestream for Android app, however we don't have an ETA yet. However you should be able to view Livestream from your Android handset at the current time.

Best,
Jason
  #3  
Old 4th October 2011, 18:04
lilaizy lilaizy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Angry in regard to broadcasting from android phone

ive been a dedicated user and broadcaster of livestream from back when it was mogulas but as of today im switching to ustream since you are the only livestream company to not give us the power to broadcast from our android phone justin.tv does ustream does but you dont i just wanted to say thank you for the many years but im now off to ustream good day you slippin in order to be competitive you have to aleast offer what ya competition does good day
  #4  
Old 6th October 2011, 03:45
kb0oxd kb0oxd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Mediawest,

Our dev team is working on a Livestream for Android app, however we don't have an ETA yet. However you should be able to view Livestream from your Android handset at the current time.

Best,
Jason
Not without using a browser

And since most Androids I know DO NOT support Flash, it would be prudent for Livestream to build a viewer app which isn't Flash dependent as per my earlier request

Cheers & 73

Pat
  #5  
Old 6th October 2011, 08:55
jasonlive's Avatar
jasonlive jasonlive is offline
Livestream
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0oxd View Post
Not without using a browser

And since most Androids I know DO NOT support Flash, it would be prudent for Livestream to build a viewer app which isn't Flash dependent as per my earlier request
When you connect to the Livestream player, it delivers a stream in a format based on the device connecting to it. On Android the stream is delivered via RTSP, and will usually play in the device's native video player if not the browser, thus bypassing the need for Flash.

Best,
Jason
  #6  
Old 7th October 2011, 01:05
kb0oxd kb0oxd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
When you connect to the Livestream player, it delivers a stream in a format based on the device connecting to it. On Android the stream is delivered via RTSP, and will usually play in the device's native video player if not the browser, thus bypassing the need for Flash.

Best,
Jason
Not on my Sanyo Zio. Tried loading the Occupy Portland feed with the browser and while it start to look like it was going to load, it would eventually go to all white in the area where the video should be

It DOES NOT load in the native Android Player

My OS version is 2.21

Hope this helps.....

Cheers & 73

Pat
  #7  
Old 11th October 2011, 11:00
jasonlive's Avatar
jasonlive jasonlive is offline
Livestream
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,395
Default

To work on mobile, content must be in H.264 video with AAC audio. You can test this by using Procaster, which encodes in this format.

Best,
Jason
Closed Thread

Tags
android, app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump