Go Back   Livestream Forum > User Experience Project > Feedback

View Poll Results: Why my website users are taken to livestream when they click play on the embed video
there is a bug on the video object 0 0%
livestream wants to take your users away 1 50.00%
livestream is working on this bug 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th June 2011, 01:37

Default Embedded Streams Open New Window Instead of Playing on my Site

We are streaming stuff all the time and about half the time when you click play on our embedded video it opens up livestream.com/knightnews to play the video -- rather than playing it on knightnews.com in the story.

We love livestream, but we may have to switch if we can't fix this, because it defeats the purpose of drawing the traffic to our site. Any ideas on fixes?

Try it out here: http://knightnews.com/2011/06/ereck-...tball-lawsuit/
Old 16th June 2011, 13:50
Livestream Producer Support

Knightnews,

Users would be redirected to Livestream.com if they click the overlays, chat, library, etc.. I just tested your site and was able to watch the court feed there. The option is available to change the redirect to your site, however this is available only to premium channels.

Matt

Last edited by mbaron; 16th June 2011 at 15:19.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:27

Send a message via AIM to scpdny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Knightnews,

Users would be redirected to Livestream.com if they click the overlays, chat, library, etc.. I just tested your site and was able to watch the court feed there. The option is available to change the redirect to your site, however this is available only to premium channels.

Matt
id gladly pay a reasonable monthly fee to have only that feature enabled for verified channels.
Old 25th August 2011, 00:11

Default Embedded channel in website first click takes user to livestream instead of playing

I embedded my channel in my website, and when the user clicks on the play button for the first time, the play button on the middle of the video object, a new tab opens with livestream website.

I have made sure that it is the play button, and not either of the icons on both upper corners of the video object. And my users are taken out of my page onto livestream, rather than beginning to play the video, as the play button implies.

I expected that when the user clicks on play, the video or your commercial begins to play.

How can I stop this from happening?

I have tried this from different computers, and it is only on the second click that the video plays as it is expected, without taking my users out of my website
Old 29th August 2011, 23:06

Default Same here..

It does the same thing with my embedded but only about 50 % of the time, it seems it happens more when using Google Chrome as a browser, it does better in IE9, and Firefox, and Opera, Rockmelt on those browsers it only happens about 25% of the time, I test out as many browsers as I can all the time. Anyway just wanted to let you know what happens to me.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:42

Athlon1,

I was also unable to replicate your issue. I clicked on the center play button and also refreshed and tried the play button on the bottom bar of the player. I was not redirected to the Livestream platform. Please note, that the default behavior of the Livestream Overlays is to redirect to your Livestream channel page. If you would like to change the redirect, you can purchase a Premium plan which will allow you to change the Content Link as well as many other features on your player.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:34

I have the same issue. You want fix this please?
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:27

Send a message via AIM to JustGLiTcH Send a message via MSN to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Yahoo to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Skype™ to JustGLiTcH

I also have this issue sometimes. Its when you click the play button that overlays the video stream, it doesnt always redirect to livestream.com but it seems to more often if you click it before the page has finished loading.

Tags
embed, new window, play button embed newtab, problems