Old 14th November 2009, 04:13

Default Livestream Verification

Hello, sorry to post a thread like this as i'm sure there's an answer somewhere, but i'm having a hard time finding it.

I wanted to start a channel for vintage video game streams (8-16 bit) with possible commentary. If my channel is unverified, will it not be included the list of channels that people search for?

Furthermore, if I was to attempt to get verified, how much auto-pilot content do I need? The e-mail I got back didn't give me much in the way of tips on how to get verified. Is there a minimum amount of time I have to be live each month?

Thanks for the help, I really want to get this project off the ground. I figure people want to see something OTHER then World Of Warcraft games all day, lol.
Old 18th November 2009, 20:49

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushnerd View Post
I wanted to start a channel for vintage video game streams (8-16 bit) with possible commentary. If my channel is unverified, will it not be included the list of channels that people search for?
No.
Quote:
Furthermore, if I was to attempt to get verified, how much auto-pilot content do I need? The e-mail I got back didn't give me much in the way of tips on how to get verified. Is there a minimum amount of time I have to be live each month?
There really isn't a defined amount of content you need to have like there is with Internet Radio, which the DMCA was born as a result of the success of.

The thing with LiveStream's verification is it's a process which is just simply time consuming, unreliable & undependable at best (At worst, NO ONE in the Verification Department IS DOING THEIR (Insert your favorite explicit word here) JOB > << -- LOOK OF ANGER). I have a lifecasting stream that I can't even get verified (Lifecasting is basically just a simple webcam stream with (In my case) some videos I did long ago that run in auto pilot when I'm not on live with the cam). I've tried submitting it TIME & TIME AGAIN & have yet to hear back from Alex (The person who heads up the Verification Department) or one of his/her staff in the Department.

As such, I'd expect PIGS TO GROW WINGS & FLY before you or I get verified. >

In short, you'd have a MUCH better chance of putting up a basic website, embedding the player somewhere on the site & getting your 50 viewers from site visitors who arrive via A WEBRING than you would from the LiveStream site itself (I'm in th process of building a nice website myself). I know from an ad revenue standpoint, that's backwards logic, but hey - WHAT CAN YA DO?? Know what I mean?
Quote:
Thanks for the help, I really want to get this project off the ground. I figure people want to see something OTHER then World Of Warcraft games all day, lol.
Good luck with your project.

As for games, why not put up some Madden 2010??? Sure it's a football video game, but the games aren't real. There shouldn't be anything stopping you that I know of. Just a thought.

Again.....Good luck with your project.

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO

Last edited by asmyworldturns; 18th November 2009 at 22:33.
Old 27th November 2009, 18:02

Default when am I gonna be verified?

Yea I made this account 2 days ago I think and Im wondering how long its gonna take to verify my channel. Is it because of the music I play in the background when i work? because if thats the case I can turn the sound off.

http://livestream.com/demonjack123 my livestream channel
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:18

Send a message via Skype™ to cristiantm
Thumbs up

I had no problems at all with the verification process. In fact, It seems very good and quick for me.

First submission, I had just put some videos from youtube that shows our music group. They asked for more content.

Then I've uploaded some videos that we have from our music group, recorded on higher quality.

Then they asked for evidence that I've authorization over the content.

Then I emailed them asking to take a look on the last live transmission I've made. It was clear that the musicians are the same in the recorded and live videos. Some hours later the channel was activated as verified..

Quick, easy and with no problems at all. Sad that other people are not having the same experience.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:50

So, did you have to remove the youtube Videos?
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:18

Send a message via Skype™ to cristiantm

me? no!

They are all still there. But they are videos that are not copyrighted.
Old 4th January 2010, 08:49

Exclamation My Channel is not showing up

Whenever I or someone else tried to visit my channel page ( http://www.livestream.com/bamboochutes )it says "Sorry, we couldn't find that page. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. If you typed the address (URL) in manually, it's possible that it may have been misspelled."

I tried creating a new channel as well, and it still didn't work. I'm a new member to this site, So I don't know if it's a channel verification issue or what..
Old 13th January 2011, 15:11
Livestream Producer Support

Sorry for the delayed response. In order to appear in the channel search your channel will need to get verified. Once verification is successful your channel will appear in the search and the cap of 50 concurrent viewers will be lifter. To find out more please visit the following section of our User Guide:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...l_Verification
Old 18th January 2011, 00:31

Send a message via MSN to TheChrisD Send a message via Skype™ to TheChrisD

I've recently started a Livestream channel (http://www.livestream.com/thechrisd) after trying Procaster and finding it to make my streams a lot easier and better than when I was using justin.tv and FME. However, when trying to verify it to get listed in the channel guides and to remove the viewer cap (if I even get to that stage) it would be nice if the rejection e-mails said a little more than just a bog-standard scripted response of:

Quote:
"New, inactive or small channel:
The quantity of recorded / uploaded content on your channel is not developed enough to meet livestream.com publishing / editorial requirements. Please don't hesitate to re-submit when your channel grows."
I'm aware that my original application was done when my channel was barely new, but since then I've done a lot more streaming time, have a lot more auto-pilot and VOD content, have completely customised my channel to the extent requested, and still I get rejected?

What exactly is it that you are looking from my channel before you'll verify it? I'm not exactly going to be breaking the 50 viewer cap anytime soon, but without any proper listing in the channel guides, how is anyone going to even find my channel outside of my close friends who watch generally because I sometimes co-op stream with them? I do post to my Twitter account and Facebook pages but rarely get many viewers as those social media methods aren't yet being followed by many people. On justin.tv, I would get a few random viewers during my streams simply from people looking in the channel guides there and finding my channel.

This system is even more flawed seeing as I could very easily bypass this whole process by streaming via Xfire, which is almost like having a verified channel right off the bat, as well as being included in both the normal Games and Xfire Games channel guides, albeit with a lot less control over the channel, and quite frankly, a much harder way to stream since Xfire has a lot less ways to customise the stream compared to Procaster.

Hopefully you will look at the verification process and possibly overhaul it, or make it a little more intuitive for people to realise where they have shortcomings and what exactly they need to improve on in order for your verification team to not consider them "new, inactive or small" anymore. Or at the very least make Xfire channels have to go through the same process, because no cap and being listed in two channel guides just for using a specific program is a little unfair to those of us who want more flexibility on their channel.

Last edited by TheChrisD; 18th January 2011 at 00:35.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:01
Livestream Verification Team

Cool Verification

Hi there,

Sorry for the mix-up....your channel has been approved. Thanks for using Livestream!

-Verification

Tags
account, administrator moderator, apbm, application, can not find channel, channel, channel verification, delete video, deny, difficult, feedback, form, help upload, help verification urgent, inactive or small channel, issue, issues, limit, listing, livestream, minimum, pending.verification, problem, quantity, rejected, requirements, verification, verification denied, verified, verify, verify channel, verifying, viewer