Old 5th May 2010, 06:09

Default Time zone not recognized

I have configured our channels to be "GMT+1 Stockholm" (which btw I am not sure if daylight savings time is acknowledged, and it would be nice to see what time Livestream displays so one could check that the time is right).

But the issue is that when I create an event, times are EDT. Of course I could figure out what our local broadcast time is in EDT-time, but that would definetely confuse our viewers.

I consider it a bug that the time configuration is not recognized all over the channel service.
Old 6th May 2010, 00:58
Livestream Community Help

I've tested and noted the same thing. I'll notify the techs.
Old 9th May 2010, 08:08

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Forwarding to Livestream Support. The Event listing widget is also not displaying dates correctly. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:54
Livestream Project Manager

All time related settings now reference EDT for the sake of consistency.

-
Rick Stern
Old 28th May 2010, 04:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStern View Post
All time related settings now reference EDT for the sake of consistency. Rick Stern
Consistent for whom? All of the viewers of my channel (NGN) are dutch, in The Netherlands we don't even think in time zones since we only have one time zone. All of my broadcasts are at 16:00 EDT, but my viewers see and think 'Upcoming event, 10 o'clock in the morning?' How's that consistent?

Either make time zones user dependent (if a user is signed in, it will show time in the preferred time zone) or make it channel dependent (a channel owner decides what time zone to show to its users, even if they are not signed in).
Old 28th May 2010, 11:18

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgloerich View Post
Consistent for whom? All of the viewers of my channel (NGN) are dutch, in The Netherlands we don't even think in time zones since we only have one time zone. All of my broadcasts are at 16:00 EDT, but my viewers see and think 'Upcoming event, 10 o'clock in the morning?' How's that consistent?

Either make time zones user dependent (if a user is signed in, it will show time in the preferred time zone) or make it channel dependent (a channel owner decides what time zone to show to its users, even if they are not signed in).

Try subtracting 6 hours from your event posting's start and end time, and that should do it for you. EDT is Eastern Daylight Time in North America. That is why. Set your event at start at 10:00, and it should work.

Last edited by davidaron; 28th May 2010 at 11:32.
Old 18th April 2011, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
I've tested and noted the same thing. I'll notify the techs.
Thanks cseeman! Please do.
Old 18th October 2011, 23:05

Default Still seeing incorrect times for future events

Hi I'm in Sydney, Australia, and when people are watching an event on our channel, the helpful upcoming event notice above the stream informs them it is happening the same time tomorrow - because livestream thinks everyone lives in NY.

We're about 12 hours ahead of you guys - do you think it might be possible to fix this bug?

And yes I have configured my channel to +10:00GMT Canberra time (same as Sydney).
Old 9th December 2011, 08:11

Default I am from INDIA

I use livestream from INDIA and my channel timezone is configured to GMT+05.30 MUMBAI
but not showing proper time
The recorded time not showing according INDIA time

Please fix this. ThanX.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:38

Thumbs down From Italy

Same problem.
I can't believe you didn't consider this aspect especially coz i can set my timezone a couple of rows above.

Please, fix this bug and add this setting inside the "new event" mask, so for each event you can choose the right timezone.

Thank's, Matteo

Tags
channel configuration, edt, events, listings, pacific, time zone, time zones, utc