Old 8th December 2012, 16:36

Default "CrazyForCricket" Annoying Google Banner Ad

If anyone else has experienced this ad on top of their archived videos, and feels similarly, please comment here to make Livestream aware of this issue. Ads are necessary for a free service, but ads with persistent audio can turn users away both for us, our viewers, and even the advertiser.

My support email to Livestream's advertising@ and support@livestream.com emails:

-----------------------------
Livestream:

Having recently tuned in to one of our archived videos, I noticed an ad [called "Play Cricket Challenge: CrazyforCricket"]. While watching our video play back, every time the little animated golfer hits his golf ball, I hear a "swoosh" sound over top of our video. At first the ad was hidden and I had no idea where the sound was coming from -- I thought maybe it was a problem with our audio, or a sound here in the studio that was picked up during recording. I finally realized it was the ad making this obnoxious noise and was able to eventually get it to close. [Furthermore, it seems to keep playing until manually found and closed by the user.]

I realize we need ads to pay for this great service, especially for our free accounts, but are noises like this really necessary? If this is enough to confuse me (I design websites), I'm afraid it will confuse our users as well.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Channel name: americasremedy

Sincerely,

Cliff Muncy
MuncyWeb.com
800-417-7344
336-924-0402 - Home/Office
336-692-8814 - Cellular
336-790-2242 - Fax
cliff@muncyweb.com

-----------------------------

(I also sent similar emails to Google's ad department as this was an "Ads by Google" ad, as well as to the advertiser, so that they are aware of the issue). I've tried to be courteous to all, as I believe it would be beneficial to all to remove the audio from this ad.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 14.png (154.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 9th December 2012, 18:17

This ad has been driving me crazy as well, and I cannot find a way to close it. I'm going to be trying ad-blocking solutions. This is extremely disruptive, and even hitting the X button simply minimizes the ad, but does not stop the noise playing.
Old 9th December 2012, 18:53
Livestream Producer Support

Thanks for raising this. I agree that this ad is disruptive. I'm forwarding your concerns to our Advertising department for review.
Old 17th December 2012, 02:00

Yes! This is extremely annoying, and I cant listen to what's going on. Please fix this.
Old 17th December 2012, 18:39
Livestream Producer Support

Hi All,

If you are affected by this ad, please click through and provide us with the URL you're redirected to so we can effectively block all traces of Crazy for Cricket.
Old 17th December 2012, 20:40

This is what I'm redirected to:

http://download.crazyforcricket.com/...FUeRPAodYyAAhA
Old 1st May 2013, 15:44

Thumbs down Extereme Unpleasant Ads

I am really disappointed with such introductions on web and very much disturb. I request to block such nasty and noisy things with bad effects on users. Such noisy play shots are not welcoming by the users. Plz stop that.

Tags
ad complaint, ads with audio, annoying ad, crazyforcricket