Old 16th November 2012, 19:56

Question Chat Disconnected

This has been happening for a couple of weeks in a row now, on two different streams and with two different browsers, and I don't know how to fix it.

Streams play just fine, but the chat disconnects. An error message pops up in the lower right-hand portion of the window that says " Disconnected. Reconnecting..." with a "try now" option afterward. No matter how many times I let it try to reconnect, it just never does.

Is there like, a port I need to open up or a setting I need to fiddle with to make chat work again?
Old 19th November 2012, 11:01
Livestream Producer Support

Vaishino,

Please be sure you are on a dedicated, wired connection with at least 700kbps of upload bandwidth. If you're positive the above could not be causing an issue, please provide the operating system and browser are you running. Please include the full version of your browser. You may also want to try appending the following string to the URL: ?forcetransport=xhr-polling

ex. http://new.livestream.com/fosterkitt...rt=xhr-polling
Old 19th May 2014, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Vaishino,

Please be sure you are on a dedicated, wired connection with at least 700kbps of upload bandwidth. If you're positive the above could not be causing an issue, please provide the operating system and browser are you running. Please include the full version of your browser. You may also want to try appending the following string to the URL: ?forcetransport=xhr-polling

ex. http://new.livestream.com/fosterkitt...rt=xhr-polling
this is def. not it.

it happens to the whole chat, so everyone and the chat is not dependent on the streamers connection and not everyone uses wireless (I use a wired connection myself) yet it still happens to the whole chat. this is a problem on livestream's end and they need to apply a fix to it
Old 26th November 2014, 10:13

It seems to me that this is not a problem with the transmission bandwidth. I had a similar situation recently.

Last edited by bblinder; 26th November 2014 at 17:53.

Tags
chat, disconnected