Old 6th November 2012, 09:54

Default Using Wirecast to Stream Live Events

I just upgraded to the basic plan and have created a event. I prefer to use Wirecast software to stream to New Livestream instread of the Livestream for Producers. My question is what do I use for settings when it ask for channel (do I put in the event number or the name of my event?)
ps I had created a channel when I was using free channels but upgraded so it now works differently than the original livestream where you just put in the channel name)
Thanks for your help.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:07
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotlw View Post
I just upgraded to the basic plan and have created a event. I prefer to use Wirecast software to stream to New Livestream instread of the Livestream for Producers. My question is what do I use for settings when it ask for channel (do I put in the event number or the name of my event?)
ps I had created a channel when I was using free channels but upgraded so it now works differently than the original livestream where you just put in the channel name)
Thanks for your help.
cotlw,

The use of third-party software, such as Wirecast, is currently not supported on the New Livestream platform. We will be releasing a free multicamera software sometime next year. In the mean time, I'd recommend trying Livestream for Producers, which can be downloaded from your New Livestream profile page.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:52

Ok thanks for that info...reason for using Wirecast is so we can stream 2 streams one to Livestream and the other to our own embedded player on website.
So for now we will have to use the Producer software Livestream provides. Which we have tried and it works well just can't do the 2 streams.

Other option is to use the original Livestream with Wirecast and have commercials and ads on free channel. (Or is there any other solution to do what we want to do.?)
Old 6th November 2012, 10:54
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotlw View Post
Ok thanks for that info...reason for using Wirecast is so we can stream 2 streams one to Livestream and the other to our own embedded player on website.
So for now we will have to use the Producer software Livestream provides. Which we have tried and it works well just can't do the 2 streams.

Other option is to use the original Livestream with Wirecast and have commercials and ads on free channel. (Or is there any other solution to do what we want to do.?)
If possible, you can use an A/V splitter to send the feed to 2 encoding computers, one running LS for Producers and the other running Wirecast.

Tags
wirecast