View Single Post
Old 26th November 2011, 13:48

Thumbs down Free account not really free?

I'm really upset. I log into Livestream to clean up my account, and I find I've been charged for overages for November and October by 8 cents and didn't even know it.

While this doesn't seem like a big deal, I was under the assumption that free service was free and subsidized by the many advertisements that are placed in and over my videos. I can understand a storage limit, and would be fine if I just couldn't have more than some amount on my account.

Logging in and finding I have bills to pay is very upsetting and deceptive to why I choose to use Livestream. I didn't know livestream would start charging people for storage overages, rendering the free account Not-free.

I'll probably bust out the credit card and give you the 8 cents for the outstanding overage, but I think it would be much better if I had some mechanism to make sure I never actually go over the limit to begin with and never accrue any charges.

This is a very big disappointment to me. I am, for sure, not going to make much use of livestream if I have to constantly maintain my archive or be charged pennies without knowing and have to have outstanding bills to pay under what I thought was a free plan.