View Single Post
Old 1st March 2009, 10:07

Default I need help too with a Handycam DCR-SR40 on a Mac...

Hi,
I have a MacBook, fairly new...about a year old. And I have a Sony Handycam DCR-SR40 much like the one stated above but a lesser one. I am trying to connect it to my laptop but it doesn't seem to recognize it. I am thinking because it have USB instead of Firewire. Is there such a thing as a mini-b USB to Firewire 1394 cable? Not sure it even exists but I can't get my Mac to read the video camera. Is there something else out there, like some kind of software that treats the video camera like a webcam or something? Or am I just going to have to get another video camera? Grrrrrrrr. If the SR80 works, I might be able to do that. Just have to sell the SR40 on eBay.

Also, I have a built-in iSight webcam on my MacBook and the video quality is not too bad (actually better than I thought) but the audio seems to be clipping. I am playing my keyboard and singing into a microphone set up with a small sound system and I have the Mogulus volume on 30% and you can still hear the distortion. Any advice on the audio portion? If I get another external computer microphone, will that help? I am thinking that my built in microphone is just not going to cut it. What is the best audio source to use with Mogulus?

Thanks.