View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 03:17

Default Advertisements in Livestream Channels

Before the frequency of advertisements on the system was manageable, but now I can't even watch my own stream and make sure it is not having any issues without an advertisement every 5 minutes. It's starting to get annoying. I understand that you guys need to make money and what not, but I can easily switch to Justin.tv and have NO advertisements, as well as a steady stream, and be able to broadcast over 500kb/s.

And what's with the advertisements jumping in when the stream is off? Sometimes I leave the webpage open, and it wakes me up in the middle of the night (Computer is in my bedroom) because an advertisement suddenly jumps up out of no where. Also, can we turn off the sound for them?

They are 100% aggravating, and there is nothing good about them. If you're going to have so many of them, at least make them 5-10 seconds, not 30 PLUS another 30 of "If you don't click this button we're going to give you a blank screen with the product we just advertised plastered on". If I'm streaming, I'm busy streaming whatever I'm doing and can't click off this thing because you guys can't pay your own services.

I'll be honest, if this system is the quality you get if you were to go Premium, I feel bad for anyone who does.