Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Questions & Bugs (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Podcaster losing connection (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9687)

prizzly 18th July 2012 15:37

Podcaster losing connection

While I'm streaming, I notice that during my streams, the Podcaster loses connection during the stream.
It first says Perfect Streaming and after a minute, it lost connection and tries to reconnect with my internet. But when I just go to firefox and go to different sites, it still loads pretty fast and my computer says I'm connected with Internet.
So as result of this issue, my streams are saved in my library and the time of those streams are always around 2 min.

Is it a problem from my side or a problem with the podcaster since I never had this issue before
and has started since today.
(I have the latest Podcaster)

>> http://www.livestream.com/seeprizzlydraw
My channel, with all the saved videos of the stream.

harmonychurchsumter 22nd July 2012 12:52

I am having the exact same issue. The stream keeps disconnecting but any other site I go to on the internet is working fine. At times, I cannot keep a connection with my Stream.

coryfrans 23rd July 2012 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by prizzly (Post 34019)
While I'm streaming, I notice that during my streams, the Podcaster loses connection during the stream.
It first says Perfect Streaming and after a minute, it lost connection and tries to reconnect with my internet. But when I just go to firefox and go to different sites, it still loads pretty fast and my computer says I'm connected with Internet.
So as result of this issue, my streams are saved in my library and the time of those streams are always around 2 min.

Is it a problem from my side or a problem with the podcaster since I never had this issue before
and has started since today.
(I have the latest Podcaster)

>> http://www.livestream.com/seeprizzlydraw
My channel, with all the saved videos of the stream.

Hello,

I am sorry for the issues that you are experiencing. It seams like it could be a connection issue. If you can, please let me know what quality you are streaming with. Also please let me know the results you receive from www.speedtest.net

Let us know so we can better assist you.

wakechapel 18th January 2013 00:12

I have the same problem each Sunday morning during service. We have a 50 down 10 meg up TWC connection. Server was built specifically for streaming. No dual duty. Server normally runs at 30% CPU usage and perfect streaming until the connection issues start. As the church IT person, it's starting to become embarrassing when people keep emailing and calling the church asking why does the webcast have so many glitches.

ernielive 20th January 2013 11:20

Wakechapel,

Have you tested the connection speeds to New York, NY? I suggest running a test at newyork.speedtest.net. Are you behind a firewall? Is the network used for streaming also open to the public? Which bit rate are you streaming?

wakechapel 21st January 2013 21:00

I've used speakeasy and speedtest sites. Both are within 1 Mbps of what TWS said we should have.

The last issue we had, we were using an off the shelf router directly into the TWC modem. No fancy firewall.

We're encoding a basic desktop and mobile stream. I'll get the exact settings tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

It's not our network. We've had great Sundays in the past. However, the bad is starting to out way the good.

ernielive 23rd January 2013 11:27

wakechapel,

I see you're a Premium channel owner. In your case, I think the best course of action would be to set up a time to test your broadcast and give us a call during the test so we can troubleshoot on the spot.

athlon1 23rd January 2013 11:28

You may have to turn the firewall off
when you broadcast

cbcdavison 4th March 2013 15:28

I'm also having the same problems as wakechapel. Procaster randomly says it loses internet connection when I can verify using speedtest and browsing that it is still up. There are times when it loses connection for several minutes at a time. Even when it says it's down a speedtest (even to new york) shows stable speeds of around 15 down and 3 up. When it works, it works really well, but there's those times where it completely drops out for no reason.

I've also disabled the firewall on the computer when the connection drops and it doesn't make a difference.

athlon1 5th March 2013 10:33

I had an issue this past Sat at 9pm after I started my show about 3 mins into the show everything perfect streaming(I use the mobile streaming mode) then says lost connnection,etc. it did finally come back up--I checked all my other connections, everything was connected local internet. I figured it was maybe the bad weather in NY, snow etx. The Procaster was having issues connecting to the servers in New York. It has only happened maybe twice since I have been broadcasting with Livestream, and I have firewall off too.
But I call it just a snafu, not a big deal since I am not a premium user. At anyrate, just my 2 cents worth.
Have a blessed day