Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Questions (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Embedded HD video? (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9422)

TPKTraffic 14th May 2012 11:52

Embedded HD video?

I'm broadcasting HD video, however when I view my channel and when I embed the channel on a web page I only have the option for high, medium and low. I've seen other Livestreams around the web with the HD option (namely the Audubon/Cornell bird cams), but cannot seem to replicate this option on my stream. Any idea how to do this?

EDIT: Just for some more info, I've selected HD quality under the channel configuration, and I've double checked that the Procaster is streaming HD+Medium+Mobile quality (total bitrate of about 2200kbps).

I'd also like to know how to choose a default quality on an embedded page. At the present time it always defaults to medium.

mbaron 14th May 2012 16:25

TPKTraffic,

The player will display in this manner regardless when streaming at this preset. The only time you'll actually see HD listed is if you choose HD/High/Med/Mob. The High preset in the player is actually the HD stream, it is simply named in this manner to avoid confusion by the viewers. You wouldn't be able to change the default from medium.

Matt
Livestream Support

TPKTraffic 15th May 2012 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbaron (Post 33031)
TPKTraffic,

The player will display in this manner regardless when streaming at this preset. The only time you'll actually see HD listed is if you choose HD/High/Med/Mob. The High preset in the player is actually the HD stream, it is simply named in this manner to avoid confusion by the viewers. You wouldn't be able to change the default from medium.

Matt
Livestream Support

Thank you! Are there any plans to include the option to specify a default quality on the players?

mbaron 29th May 2012 15:25

There aren't any that I'm aware of, but I can add this as a feature request.

Matt
Livestream Support

TPKTraffic 11th February 2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbaron (Post 33268)
There aren't any that I'm aware of, but I can add this as a feature request.

Matt
Livestream Support

It's been a while since I last requested the feature above. Any progress or possibility on getting it added? The embedded player still defaults to medium and I'd like it to default to high. Thanks!

Henry_live 11th February 2013 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPKTraffic (Post 36388)
It's been a while since I last requested the feature above. Any progress or possibility on getting it added? The embedded player still defaults to medium and I'd like it to default to high. Thanks!

Hello TPKTraffic,

There hasn't been an option like this released, however you can push the show the HD version as the default by cueing it live within the Studio. This isn't an ideal solution, but it works.

When you're live, login to your LS Studio and cue the desired quality source Live by doing the following:

-Click Cue
-Click "Record" (if you want a recorded file)
-Click "Transition to Cued Clip".

TPKTraffic 12th February 2013 09:14

Great that worked, thanks! Is a default for embedded solution being developed at all by chance?

flashsthenri 27th April 2013 10:58

Same thing

I Broadcast in my own school sports in the gym on tv's in the cafeteria. I need to embed a high stream by default because I can't rush to the computer and change from medium to high. Anything to change in the embedding code to do so?