Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How to livestream a video and still chat at the same time using Procaster? (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9399)

Thamauturge 8th May 2012 19:16

How to livestream a video and still chat at the same time using Procaster?

I have Procaster, and it seems to be working, but I would like to stream a video. To do this though, I would want to get optimal viewing quality via full screen, but to get into full screen, wouldn't I not be able to chat, since you can't have any windows visible while in full screen? Please help.

Reposted due to finding out that there was a Procaster forum >_>

mbaron 9th May 2012 09:57

Thamauturge,

Are you using a Mac or PC, if you're using a PC and have Aero mode disabled the Procaster screens, including the chat window would not be captured.

Matt
Livestream Support

Thamauturge 9th May 2012 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbaron (Post 32955)
Thamauturge,

Are you using a Mac or PC, if you're using a PC and have Aero mode disabled the Procaster screens, including the chat window would not be captured.

Matt
Livestream Support

Thanks, but how can I make it so that the video appears in full screen to any viewers, while still having the chat box open?

sunbeams 25th September 2012 21:13

i have the same problem...

i am trying to stream a video so it's fullscreen so how can you participate in chat at the same time... help?

ernielive 20th October 2012 14:43

sunbeams,

If you're using a PC, allow Procaster to disable Aero mode and load Basic mode, which will allow you to stream your content without capturing the Procaster windows.

bluerobin427 20th October 2012 18:41

I don't think the problem is that they don't want the chat window to show up. If I understand them correctly I actually have the same question: when I'm streaming something that's full screen (in my case a game using the "Capture Game" mode), how do I participate in chat? I can see the UI and the chat window, but I can't type in the chat.

Edit: Oh I think their issue is actually different from mine now that I'm looking at it again. It sounds like they're not using the game mode so they can just use the normal procaster window to chat. Never mind!

Lokkyta 25th October 2012 00:23

I have the same problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbaron (Post 32955)
Thamauturge,

Matt
Livestream Support

Well I have the same problem but I have a Mac. And also were is the Aero thing on PC.

Lokkyta 25th October 2012 00:39

I have the same question

And nobody seems to help me =\

ernielive 26th October 2012 14:02

Lokkyta,

Unfortunately there is no way to chat in Procaster while screen capturing in full screen without the viewer seeing your Procaster windows on Mac. I would advise resizing the screen capture to a portion of the screen and keeping Procaster's chat open outside of the capture area.

Lokkyta 29th October 2012 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernielive (Post 35446)
Lokkyta,

Unfortunately there is no way to chat in Procaster while screen capturing in full screen without the viewer seeing your Procaster windows on Mac. I would advise resizing the screen capture to a portion of the screen and keeping Procaster's chat open outside of the capture area.

Well a friend of mine did it because I have seen it will he livestream, he have the chat box while he have Ps in full screen. He chat and draw at the same time and non of the windows close when he us the other.

So I wanna do that is more easy, and he sais is simple but I dont know how and nobody here seems to know -.-