Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Procaster Crashing (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9127)

Luminey 18th March 2012 22:04

Procaster Crashing

I have the latest Procaster downloaded. I have checked the minimum requirements and I don't know how to figure out how much bandwidth I have, or how to change it. I'm pretty sure my graphic card is good enough as well.

I've done EVERYTHING to make this work. Closed out every little background program that takes up CPU, even lowered the CPU usage down to 85%. Yet I still hit 100% CPU usage after a few minutes of drawing with my tablet. I'm using Portable Sai, and Winamp for music, both very low on the CPU scale as far as I know. I've even cleaned out my computer and defragged it just in case that would help.

I've lowered the settings possible to make Procaster work faster. Even made my camera area the smallest I could go without cutting out a chunk of what i was trying to do.

Please, I just want to draw. I'm on the verge of tears because I can't comprehend how everything I've done hasn't helped. Just tell me what info you need and how to obtain it and I will tell you what you need to know.

System info
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ALLYSSA-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/2/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Allyssa-PC\Allyssa
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.49 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.27 GB
Page File Space 3.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

RonaldH 19th March 2012 08:01

Luminey, what is your CPU usage when you are doing the things you are describing? Could you also say which tablet you have?

Luminey 19th March 2012 14:18

I'm using a WACOM Bambo Tablet (small ver), and my CPU usually goes to 80%-100% after like 5 minutes of drawing. If I put my pen down and wait a while, it goes back to perfect streaming.

The only programs I ever have running, are Winamp media player, Sai, and Game Booster. Game booster shows no CPU usage in my control panel, and it seems to help with lag and such if it's turned on.

RonaldH 19th March 2012 14:28

@Luminey we will test here with a Bamboo Fun (CTH-661) and sai to see if we can replicate it.

Luminey 19th March 2012 14:41

Alright, I hope you figure it out. I found a link to the Sai Portable version online, but I don't recall which site. I'm sure it should be hard to find through google though.

Ah yes I remember an error it kept giving me lately when it would close out! It kept telling me to lower my bandwidth or something like that, and that it was my internet connection. Although I did this at my mom's house and the message just told me about my CPU being too high. I don't get how my connection can be bad. I have full wireless bars all the time here with charter high speed and only me using the internet 95% of the time. At my mom's I only get 3-4 bars in my room. Hope this helps too.

Luminey 20th March 2012 19:56

Have you been able to figure out what's wrong?

RonaldH 21st March 2012 08:13

Couldn't replicate it, could you see which version of the Wacom software you have installed?

Luminey 22nd March 2012 11:55

Product Version: 5.2.5-5

PolitikatNet 10th September 2012 06:54

Same problem here with a brand new MacBook Pro, 2.9 dual core CPU, 8 GB RAM...

Why so? Quite disturbing!...

ernielive 10th September 2012 17:39

PolitikaNet,

Which tablet are you using? Also what are your versions of the tablet software and Procaster?