Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Mac (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Can't Stream Audio Other Than Through Mic (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8865)

DucksUnlimited 30th January 2012 18:06

Can't Stream Audio Other Than Through Mic

I try to play music off of Procaster, and the only thing that ever comes through the stream is whatever my Built-In mic picks up. That's not good.

Reading through the other threads, most people say to select "Speaker's Audio" as your output, but I don't even HAVE that as a choice. Uninstalling/reinstalling did nothing, and I've never gotten this to work properly every time I've tried to run it. What's up, Livestream?

ernielive 31st January 2012 17:58

DucksUnlimited,

Please follow these steps:

- Open Finder
- Press Shift+Cmd+G
- When the Go To Folder window appears, type /System
- In the System folder, navigate to the Library folder, then Extensions folder
- Move ProcasterAudioRedirector32 (or LivestreamAudioRedirector) to the trash
- Move the Procaster application to the trash
- Clean out the trash bin
- Reboot your machine
- Install Procaster from this forum thread

Let me know if that solves the issue.

BassHooves 9th September 2012 20:53

Same problem, this did nothing to solve the problem.

ernielive 10th September 2012 18:29

BassHooves,

What version of Mac OS and Procaster are you using?

EcstaticRarity 23rd September 2012 16:30

2 Attachment(s)
I've got the same problem too. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times using your instructions. No dice.

I even upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion to see if it would make any difference. It didn't.

I'm using version 20.3.8 of Procaster.

coryfrans 24th September 2012 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcstaticRarity (Post 35022)
I've got the same problem too. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times using your instructions. No dice.

I even upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion to see if it would make any difference. It didn't.

I'm using version 20.3.8 of Procaster.

Have you tried the "Add Source" Button on the bottom of the audio mixer to see if you can add another source?

EcstaticRarity 24th September 2012 23:48

Yes I can. But it's no help. What I want is to stream the "Speaker's Audio"

I can select that as an option, but when I do, no sound goes through. Either to the stream or to my own speakers. It's just completely silent. But when I deselect the option for "Speaker's Audio" I get sound out of my speakers, but the stream still gets nothing. It would appear my microphone and other sources work, though.

EcstaticRarity 27th September 2012 12:26

Any idea what might be wrong?

ernielive 27th September 2012 18:09

EcstaticRarity,

Could you please open your Mac's audio output settings, take a screenshot, and include it here? We want to find out what your default audio setting is. Have you tried different audio output selections to different results?

EcstaticRarity 27th September 2012 18:58

2 Attachment(s)
Ah.. Normally I have it set to go through HDMI. (Through a mini-display port adapter)

Now that I have it set to go through the macbook's built in speakers it seems to be working.

However, I would still like to make it work while going through HDMI. Those speakers are much better quality than the laptop ones.