Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Embed Player HTML 5 (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8803)

hurricanebrasilia 21st January 2012 09:17

Embed Player HTML 5

Hello friends,

I am using the embed on my website.
But the embed does not support html5.
Is there any player with support for html5 that I can use on my website via embed.

I need the following addresses:
<source src="my_video.mp4" type='video/mp4'>
<source src="my_video.webm" type='video/webm'>

Thank you.

Henry_live 21st January 2012 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricanebrasilia (Post 30746)
Hello friends,

I am using the embed on my website.
But the embed does not support html5.
Is there any player with support for html5 that I can use on my website via embed.

I need the following addresses:
<source src="my_video.mp4" type='video/mp4'>
<source src="my_video.webm" type='video/webm'>

Thank you.

Hello,

If you are referring to the Livestream Player, you can use the standard iFrame embed code, which delivers the stream dynamically based on the platform being used to view. Here's how it works:

- Viewing on Desktop: Delivers the standard Flash player
- iOS device: Delivers a HTTP compatible stream, when available. (Broadcast must be mobile compatible and does not support AutoPilot playback.)
- Android: Delivers an RTSP stream. (Broadcast must be mobile compatible and does not support AutoPilot playback.)

If you have any additional questions about this, please let me know.

kb0oxd 10th February 2012 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry_live (Post 30748)
Hello,

If you are referring to the Livestream Player, you can use the standard iFrame embed code, which delivers the stream dynamically based on the platform being used to view. Here's how it works:

- Viewing on Desktop: Delivers the standard Flash player
- iOS device: Delivers a HTTP compatible stream, when available. (Broadcast must be mobile compatible and does not support AutoPilot playback.)
- Android: Delivers an RTSP stream. (Broadcast must be mobile compatible and does not support AutoPilot playback.)

If you have any additional questions about this, please let me know.

I don't believe this is what the OP is after. HTML 5 is a new website coding platform commonly used by such sites as WordPress, Joomla & the like.

HTML 5 also utilizes the <video> & </video> tags

For more info, see any one of these tutorial sites

Cheers :D

damienburke 16th September 2012 18:45

Is it possible to use the HTML5 video tags with desktop browsers that support it?

ernielive 19th September 2012 12:01

damienburke,

Currently the iFrame will redirect to the direct mobile playback URL based on browser detection. In order to do what you are referring to you would need access to the direct video URL which isn't something currently offered as part of the Livestream service.