Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Questions & Bugs (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Webcaster Audio Echoes (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7719)

SalemAldous 8th August 2011 23:12

Webcaster Audio Echoes

Why does the webcaster audio echo recursively when something is plugged into the Line-In cable slot? Because it isn't the computer audio that's plugged into the Line-In cable. I was playing my handheld video game console while having its headphone jack plugged to my computer's Line-In to use the computer's speakers for sound. Why would this maneuver forge some unholy pact with Livestream Webcaster to tell it to loop all the audio on my computer repeatedly unto itself?

Also when I discovered this, it changed the validity of the topic line. I can't seem to change the topic's text, unfortunately.

jasonlive 9th August 2011 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalemAldous (Post 26939)
Why does the webcaster audio echo recursively when something is plugged into the Line-In cable slot? Because it isn't the computer audio that's plugged into the Line-In cable. I was playing my handheld video game console while having its headphone jack plugged to my computer's Line-In to use the computer's speakers for sound. Why would this maneuver forge some unholy pact with Livestream Webcaster to tell it to loop all the audio on my computer repeatedly unto itself?

SalemAldous,

It sounds like you might have your channel page open in the browser while you're broadcasting, which is a common cause for this sort of issue. Can you please check? If this isn't the case, please provide more details about your equipment, your workflow, and your audio sources.

Best,
Jason

SalemAldous 11th August 2011 01:54

Well, it's doing it again, and this time no line in cable is inserted. And when it was working fine earlier this evening, too. No, I don't have my channel page open in another tab because I felt that would be, well, redundant if I was going to have the material broadcasting on my end anyhow. In the flash settings for the webcaster, "Reduce Echo" is active.

My audio source is currently set to "Stereo Mix" in Windows XP's Recording Control. My microphone is switched off, both physically and as an audio device in both Recording Control (as only one recording device can be active at a time) and in the Playback Control. In the webcaster, only the default audio device is selected (or available).

Well, that's enough obligatory waffling about MY hardware. Now onto the website's SOFTWARE which is causing the issue. After all, my speakers aren't reverberating ghost noise all by themselves, knock on wood. Or in any other program or streaming website.

I believe, rightly, that the issue is the webcaster is inexplicably playing back the audio being broadcast through it. Interestingly enough, it does this same thing even when I'm not technically supposed to be logged in (because I've hit the logout button), and it also does this despite the channel not being live. In fact, there isn't even any sound playing on my computer. I wonder, is there any use in the webcaster playing back the audio that the broadcaster would invariably be hearing when he or she is naturally making the sounds him or herself either by speaking aloud with their voice box or playing a media file on their computer?

I would recommend that somebody deactivate any possible function of the webcaster to play back the broadcasted audio into itself. The broadcaster would already hear the sound by making it occur him or herself. Considering there isn't even an option to turn such a "feature" on, I wonder it occurs in the first place.

Thanks for your custom!

The problem abates if I close and reopen the browser. Perhaps it's related to that.

fredtheundead 23rd October 2012 03:15

Oh man, this is the exact thing that's happening to me. Whenever I go live with procaster any sound is repeated ad nausium every 3-4 seconds until it's unbearable. Has there been any progress with this problem for ANYONE?

ernielive 24th October 2012 11:54

fredtheundead,

If you have your channel page or studio open in the background while Procaster is capturing 'Speaker's Audio' this will occur. Please mute your player in the background to resolve.