Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Ability to disable censor on whole channel (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7532)

BronyMike 21st July 2011 05:45

Ability to disable censor on whole channel

The current text censorship system frustrates me and many others in the channels I view, which are visited almost exclusively by adults. The artists streaming their drawings often draw risqué things and we can't even say the proper names of certain body parts without it being turned into "***".

Censoring is one thing, but turning every one into three stars gives no indication of what's supposed to be said much of the time, and while many people are opposed to cursing, giving no indication of what word was intended to be said creates quite a communication barrier and just leads to people coming up with unpleasant-to-read bypasses, such as putting characters in the middle of the words or making intentional typos.

Apparently, by making a member a mod, this function can be turned off, however it would be quite a hassle for a channel author to give mod status to everyone viewing just so they can type naturally.

Could we get something a channel artist can check off to allow swearing in the IM box, or perhaps disable the function and then make it optional to have it turned on?

jasonlive 21st July 2011 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronyMike (Post 26235)
The current text censorship system frustrates me and many others in the channels I view, which are visited almost exclusively by adults. The artists streaming their drawings often draw risqué things and we can't even say the proper names of certain body parts without it being turned into "***".

Censoring is one thing, but turning every one into three stars gives no indication of what's supposed to be said much of the time, and while many people are opposed to cursing, giving no indication of what word was intended to be said creates quite a communication barrier and just leads to people coming up with unpleasant-to-read bypasses, such as putting characters in the middle of the words or making intentional typos.

Apparently, by making a member a mod, this function can be turned off, however it would be quite a hassle for a channel author to give mod status to everyone viewing just so they can type naturally.

Could we get something a channel artist can check off to allow swearing in the IM box, or perhaps disable the function and then make it optional to have it turned on?

Thanks for your feedback, BronyMike. I'll bring this thread to the attention of our dev team.

Best,
Jason

OtonoShane 18th March 2012 18:30

We REALLY hate manditory censors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonlive (Post 26251)
Thanks for your feedback, BronyMike. I'll bring this thread to the attention of our dev team.

Best,
Jason

Why do I feel like Jason merely made an automated response and ignored the issue? I can not express how much I hate mandatory censorship of non-moderators in LiveStream! The fact that mods can swear without censors also creates a double-standard which is very unfair. If I'm a viewer on a show, and the host swears, I wanna be able to swear too. And if I'm hosting, I don't wanna mod people just so they're able to swear. (I don't normally get enough viewers to need mods anyway. >.>)

Can we please, PLEASE have an option to disable censorship in LiveStream chats? At least tie it into the channel ratings so that what gets censored is controlled by the channels set rating. e.g., G = All profanity gets censored, PG = weak profanity allowed, etc.

An annoyed, yet otherwise happy user,
Shane the Freestyler

sheeeeeeeit 5th May 2013 15:01

this censor is ridiculously stupid

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtonoShane (Post 31917)
Why do I feel like Jason merely made an automated response and ignored the issue? I can not express how much I hate mandatory censorship of non-moderators in LiveStream! The fact that mods can swear without censors also creates a double-standard which is very unfair. If I'm a viewer on a show, and the host swears, I wanna be able to swear too. And if I'm hosting, I don't wanna mod people just so they're able to swear. (I don't normally get enough viewers to need mods anyway. >.>)

Can we please, PLEASE have an option to disable censorship in LiveStream chats? At least tie it into the channel ratings so that what gets censored is controlled by the channels set rating. e.g., G = All profanity gets censored, PG = weak profanity allowed, etc.

An annoyed, yet otherwise happy user,
Shane the Freestyler

because they have yet to do *** about any of this *** ***. piss and cock are censored as i found out. cant we at least have it go by age group? we are 18+, if some 35 year old comes in, it wouldnt go like:
"****"
"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMG DID HE JUST CURSE?! OMG HORRIBLE AWFUL IM NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!"

IT WOULD GO LIKE:
"****"
"meh, so how are you guys?"

if i cant have my rooster say cock a doodle doo or take a piss, then wtf?

sheeeeeeeit 5th May 2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeit (Post 37747)
because they have yet to do *** about any of this *** ***. piss and cock are censored as i found out. cant we at least have it go by age group? we are 18+, if some 35 year old comes in, it wouldnt go like:
"****"
"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMG DID HE JUST CURSE?! OMG HORRIBLE AWFUL IM NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!"

IT WOULD GO LIKE:
"****"
"meh, so how are you guys?"

if i cant have my rooster say cock a doodle doo or take a piss, then wtf?

wait, even the forum is censored? this **** is retarded