Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Production Tips (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can I interview someone live (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7524)

inspiredbroadcast 20th July 2011 16:50

Can I interview someone live

Can I interview someone live and share the screen with them? Or do I have to go back and forth between cameras? I should try to be clearer. I want to interview someone from a different location and share my screen with them.

jasonlive 21st July 2011 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspiredbroadcast (Post 26222)
Can I interview someone live and share the screen with them? Or do I have to go back and forth between cameras? I should try to be clearer. I want to interview someone from a different location and share my screen with them.

You might be able to accomplish this by screencapturing a Skype video chat; otherwise, if you're at different locations, you'll need to switch back and forth between video sources. It's not possible to achieve PiP with Livestream's native broadcasting tools.

Best,
Jason

inspiredbroadcast 21st July 2011 12:52

thank you

I appreciate your help.

gooser2207 2nd September 2011 17:38

Can you please confirm this is still the case?

To recap, I want multiple Presenters or Team Members to talk live, together, at the same time, and they are in different locations across the country.

I thought I would be able to replace our gotowebinar.com with LiveStream, but if I also have to use Skype video chat, I don't see that as being realistic with our bandwidth at each person's location.

Again, I just want to confirm that we are not able to have multiple Presenters from different locations talk at the same time on LiveStream Channel.

Henry_live 2nd September 2011 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooser2207 (Post 27722)
Can you please confirm this is still the case?

To recap, I want multiple Presenters or Team Members to talk live, together, at the same time, and they are in different locations across the country.

I thought I would be able to replace our gotowebinar.com with LiveStream, but if I also have to use Skype video chat, I don't see that as being realistic with our bandwidth at each person's location.

Again, I just want to confirm that we are not able to have multiple Presenters from different locations talk at the same time on LiveStream Channel.

You are correct. You would need to have some type of video conferencing software and use Procaster to capture your screen.

gooser2207 5th September 2011 12:30

Just Audio Conferencing?

Henry, thanks for that quick reply.

If we want just audio conferencing, say using Skype or Google Voice, can use that in conjunction with LiveStream Procaster?

That way the viewers would hear us talking back and forth to each other, via our LiveStream, and we could use the LiveStream Studio to switch screens back and forth.

Also, I should note that of course we want the livestream servers to record the entire audio conversation as well.

Maybe there's some directions somewhere on using Skype with Livestream or Google Voice with livestream?

Thanks!

Laura_M 5th September 2011 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooser2207 (Post 27804)
Henry, thanks for that quick reply.

If we want just audio conferencing, say using Skype or Google Voice, can use that in conjunction with LiveStream Procaster?

That way the viewers would hear us talking back and forth to each other, via our LiveStream, and we could use the LiveStream Studio to switch screens back and forth.

Also, I should note that of course we want the livestream servers to record the entire audio conversation as well.

Maybe there's some directions somewhere on using Skype with Livestream or Google Voice with livestream?

Thanks!

Gooser2207,

We actually just updated our user guide with more information on how to use Skype video with Procaster and Soundflower. You can find the link here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...nd_Soundflower

If you have questions, feel free to ask, or if you think we should add anything to that section, we would love your suggestions.

gooser2207 7th September 2011 12:53

Laura, thanks for referencing those instructions for Soundflower.

I tried all of those instructions, many different ways, always resulting in static - white noise, basically, being recorded.

I can see when viewing the Procaster Audio Mix that it seems to be picking up my Skype friend's audio based on when he speaks it changes the little green bar lights in conjunction with his discussion.

And I can hear him talking just fine on Skype.

But Procaster is only recording static. I tried it like 8 different ways. I did the Soundflowerbed options as well. I tried shutting everything down and changing the settings first, then launching Procaster. I tried restarting my computer.

I have OSX Snow Leopard, so I don't think I would need Lion patch.

Please help!

gooser2207 19th September 2011 15:54

I thought I'd missed a reply to this message, but instead it has gone UN-answered.

So I'll ask again - why is my Skype recording just static?

Please help!

acilivetv 13th October 2011 16:16

Broadcating two camera

Please add this feature to your studio. Make.tv has this feature. I would like to see this feature with the same reasons of getting two people interviewing or broadcasting from two studios.