Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Just starting, says it does not support HD mode for DV cameras? (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6962)

bladefalcon 16th May 2011 01:10

Just starting, says it does not support HD mode for DV cameras?

So I just installed this and I checked the FAQs, but this error didn't appear. When I click on the big Go Live button on Procaster, an error message appears that says "Warning, Procaster does not support HD mode for DV cameras. Please change your DV camera to SD." I honestly have no idea what this means. I have a Dell XPS Laptop with a built-in webcam, but I don't know how to change its settings. Help would be greatly appreciated!

jasonlive 17th May 2011 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefalcon (Post 24152)
So I just installed this and I checked the FAQs, but this error didn't appear. When I click on the big Go Live button on Procaster, an error message appears that says "Warning, Procaster does not support HD mode for DV cameras. Please change your DV camera to SD." I honestly have no idea what this means. I have a Dell XPS Laptop with a built-in webcam, but I don't know how to change its settings. Help would be greatly appreciated!

What version of Procaster are you using, bladefalcon? Are you able to go live with your webcam despite this message? Is anything plugged into your computer's firewire port(s)?

Jason

ezdoggydog 6th July 2011 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonlive (Post 24184)
What version of Procaster are you using, bladefalcon? Are you able to go live with your webcam despite this message? Is anything plugged into your computer's firewire port(s)?

Jason

I just tried it with my Dell XPS. Same problem. Just downloaded Procaster on this brand new machine and get the same message. No external devices plugged in.

TheRevMichael 20th July 2011 05:06

Same issue

Having the same issue, have a Dell XPS with an integrated webcam, nothing else plugged in and getting the same error, not sure how to fix this. Using the latest livestream procaster

jasonlive 20th July 2011 13:58

bladefalcon, ezdoggydog, & TheRevMichael,

Please let us know exactly which version of Procaster you're using as there are several betas available in the forum.

Best,
Jason

TheRevMichael 20th July 2011 14:34

Just starting, says it does not support HD mode for DV cameras

I'm using the latest version that I downloaded after signing up for an account. Version 20.2.0

AishiterukonoBAKA 7th August 2011 17:17

Dell XPS

Is it just the dell xps that isn't compatible with this or is there some way around this whole thing? Because I don't know how to change the settings on my integrated webcam, and when I tried an older Logitech webcam, it didn't register with the Procraster software

RonaldH 7th August 2011 17:22

You can check if there are any settings for the webcam if you go into preferences, then go to the video tab and then in the settings tab you might be able to lower the settings, if you can't than the Dell XPS webcam isn't supported, your older logitech webcam should be able to show in the latest beta http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604 if it isn't visible there, please reply.

Tymonster95 17th August 2011 03:51

Same Problem Here

I too have a Dell XPS with an integrated webcam, and when I attempt to stream with it I get the same message as mentioned above. I have tried multiple versions of Procaster, but all wield the same result. Neither Procaster, nor the webcam have settings that can be changed to make it work.

I have however found my own solution. You can have Dell Webcam Central up, while streaming your desktop, thus streaming your webcam indirectly.

If a Livestream worker sees this, it appears that Procaster has a problem identifying the integrated webcam of the Dell XPS laptop (thinks its an external video recording camera, instead of a webcam). If four of us have found our way here to post about it, I'm sure there are many others having this problem. I enjoy your services, but I do request that you research into this issue, and perhaps try to fix it in future updates for Procaster.

Thank you

RevMichael 21st September 2011 20:36

no solution yet?

Haven't been able to get this resolved and was hoping to integrate this to my website and actually start using livestream I tried the way suggested but I don't want viewers to see what I'm doing on my screen as I have to interact with different chat rooms and also integrate with skype for audio and the occassional video so I have a co-host during my shows. I don't want to have to use an expernal cam just because technicians haven't updated procaster to recognize an internal webcam