Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Procaster Causes Lag/Crash on Laptop (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6528)

AquilaVolans 20th March 2011 14:27

Procaster Causes Lag/Crash on Laptop

I started using Procaster a few days ago, and each time I try to go live it lags my computer like crazy and has already caused my laptop to crash several times in the middle of a broadcast. I usually have iTunes and Paint Tool SAI running when I use Procaster, and it's extremely frustrating when I'm trying to draw and SAI shuts down right in the middle of it. I don't know what's going on, because when I use Hypercam3 my laptop doesn't lag at all. If there's no way that I can solve this lag problem, is there a way I can use Hypercam3 to broadcast instead?

Also, the control bar and chat aren't affected at all when this happens.

jasonlive 20th March 2011 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquilaVolans (Post 22534)
I started using Procaster a few days ago, and each time I try to go live it lags my computer like crazy and has already caused my laptop to crash several times in the middle of a broadcast. I usually have iTunes and Paint Tool SAI running when I use Procaster, and it's extremely frustrating when I'm trying to draw and SAI shuts down right in the middle of it. I don't know what's going on, because when I use Hypercam3 my laptop doesn't lag at all. If there's no way that I can solve this lag problem, is there a way I can use Hypercam3 to broadcast instead?

Also, the control bar and chat aren't affected at all when this happens.

AquilaVolans,

What are your system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, etc)? Procaster is a very CPU intensive program - if your CPU is being maxed out, this could be responsible for the delay. I recommend monitoring your CPU usage while running a test broadcast.

FYI, here is a link to the minimum/recommended system specs for Procaster:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...m_Requirements

In terms of crashing, can you elaborate or provide some further details? What happens when your lap top crashes? What about SAI? Does Procaster ever crash? Reinstalling Procaster might help.

Best,
Jason

CptnSlapAHo 6th June 2011 05:47

Livestream Lags Out My Computer.

When i livestream i use Paint tool SAI. The program lags out every time i try to draw a line or so on. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how i could fix it? The lag tends to lag out my internet also.
I use a windows 7 laptop.

jasonlive 7th June 2011 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptnSlapAHo (Post 24756)
When i livestream i use Paint tool SAI. The program lags out every time i try to draw a line or so on. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how i could fix it? The lag tends to lag out my internet also.
I use a windows 7 laptop.

CptnSlapAHo,

Please explain the lag and "lag out" issue in greater detail. Please also provide the results of a speed test from www.speedtest.net with the preferred server set to New York, NY.

What are your system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, etc)? Procaster is a CPU intensive program - if your CPU is being maxed out, this could be responsible for the delay. I recommend monitoring your CPU usage while running a test broadcast.

FYI, here is a link to the minimum/recommended system specs for Procaster:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...m_Requirements

Best,
Jason

Poketronex 2nd November 2011 00:06

Procastor won't open?

When I have Paint tool Sai open, I open Procastor but it fails to pop up and everything crashes. In Taskmanager is says it's in Processes but not Applications.. And vice versa, when I open Procastor without Sai, it opens fine, but when I go to open Sai with Procastor open, Sai won't pop up and everything crashes.

Any ideas on how to fix this, I've searched all over but to no avail. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. but I'm at the end of my rope.

PirateLuna 3rd January 2014 22:40

Pro caster lagging

Computer
-i7-3630QM 2.40 GHz
-12 gb RAM

PirateLuna 3rd January 2014 22:45

Pro caster lagging

Computer
- 64bit Windows 8
-i7-3630QM 2.40 GHz
-12 gb RAM
-Nvidia 650m 4gig of vram

I can only stream in mobile quality because of the slow network speed. As soon as I go live with procaster Paintool SAI and photo shop seem to have a hard time coping with the recording, and it makes it impossible to draw. I also get frame drops of upto and beyond 40 frames. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or make procaster more efficient?

Renku_ 16th May 2014 19:08

SAI and Podcaster not opening together

Computer
- 64bit Windows 8.1
-i7-3632QM 2.20 GHz
-8.0GB RAM

I've been using Paint Tool SAI and Podcaster together for months and suddenly last night they don't want to be open at the same time.
If I restart or log-out and open SAI and then try to open Podcaster, Podcaster will not open YET is shows up in the Task Manger, and vise-verse.

And I've tried reinstalling while the other is open, still doesn't work. And if I reinstall while the other is close that WAS opening it stops while the other starts opening.