Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Audio Problems (Windows XP) (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5867)

Jevidar 18th December 2010 12:53

Audio Problems (Windows XP)

I have been trying to play audio during my livestreams through USB audio devices. My speakers, mic, and headset are all USB. My mic audio goes through perfectly fine, but my viewers can not hear what I hear at all. No game sound or video sound gets transmitted through the stream. I have tried going to my control panel to turn on the "Hear what I hear" option, but I don't seem to have that option.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jev

cseeman 19th December 2010 20:34

Procaster 20.0.95?
Windows XP, Vista or 7?

Jevidar 20th December 2010 08:05

How do I check the Procaster version? I believe it is the most recent version. I installed it just over a week ago.

I'm using Windows XP.

Henry_live 20th December 2010 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jevidar (Post 19269)
How do I check the Procaster version? I believe it is the most recent version. I installed it just over a week ago.

I'm using Windows XP.

You can check the procaster version by visiting your Preferences and clicking on the "i" on the top right corner.

Jevidar 21st December 2010 00:49

Yes, I am using Procaster version 20.0.95

Thank you, Henry.

Jevidar 22nd December 2010 02:01

I just updated to Procaster 20.0.151 and I'm still having the same issue. My mic transmits just fine, but no game sound goes through.

ProjectWicca 22nd December 2010 21:15

Audio issue

I'm using Procaster and have been trying since day one to get the sound to work. I've turned on everything and I only get a click that goes off every few seconds. Anyway, I use Windows XP Home and typically have it on a "Normal Quality" setting. If you need more information, please let me know. I'd love to be able for my friends and family to hear what's going on!

Jevidar 23rd December 2010 06:39

Still having the issue.

coryfrans 23rd December 2010 09:24

Hello,

Due to the nature of the way Windows XP works with audio device drivers and naming them, Full audio mixing is not fully available in Windows XP. It is fully supported in Windows Vista, and Windows 7

coryfrans 23rd December 2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectWicca (Post 19373)
I'm using Procaster and have been trying since day one to get the sound to work. I've turned on everything and I only get a click that goes off every few seconds. Anyway, I use Windows XP Home and typically have it on a "Normal Quality" setting. If you need more information, please let me know. I'd love to be able for my friends and family to hear what's going on!

Hello,

I am sorry you are having these problems. Lets see what we can do to help you. Please send a screen shot of the audio mixer and the devices you have connected. Also are you trying to broadcast the sounds from your desktop, or from a mic?