Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Production Tips (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Broadcasting and Presenting Simultaneously (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5280)

ericlonghurst 25th October 2010 16:38

Broadcasting and Presenting Simultaneously

Hey everyone, I am planning to use Procaster in a church setting, where the computer used to project media up on the big screen is also being used to broadcast live. The problem i"m having is that in the settings, under Desktop, I have clicked "start capture 2nd monitor" because I want the audience at home to see exactly what the congregation sees. But on the projector screen, I can see the green zoom window used to zoom in on the part of the screen to want to focus on. The audience at home won't see this obviously, but it's perfectly visible to the congregation. I know the obvious solution would simply be to use a second computer to broadcast to the internet, but I thought I'd ask first to see if anyone had any ideas.

Henry_live 26th October 2010 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlonghurst (Post 17785)
Hey everyone, I am planning to use Procaster in a church setting, where the computer used to project media up on the big screen is also being used to broadcast live. The problem i"m having is that in the settings, under Desktop, I have clicked "start capture 2nd monitor" because I want the audience at home to see exactly what the congregation sees. But on the projector screen, I can see the green zoom window used to zoom in on the part of the screen to want to focus on. The audience at home won't see this obviously, but it's perfectly visible to the congregation. I know the obvious solution would simply be to use a second computer to broadcast to the internet, but I thought I'd ask first to see if anyone had any ideas.

At the moment there is no option to deactivate the green selection area. I'll pass this suggestion along to our developers.

teach42 2nd December 2010 16:29

I've done this a few times, and as it is right now, the best method is to just use a second computer.

cseeman 12th December 2010 23:01

You might be able to do this with Telestream Wirecast and its Desktop Presenter. You can shrink down Wirecast and capture the screen with Desktop Presenter which has no markers.

truthministry 21st January 2011 09:11

If your outputing through a video card with two outputs its no problem. Your second output should be the one to a projector and second monitor with a vga 'y' cable. You can see whats going to the proojector this way. When you select the capture to a secong monitor it is selecting the second output/projector/monitor. Then hit 'Ctrl Q' to shut off the green zoom bars. And whala theyre gone. Ive tried this on a single monitor set up and it still works. let me know what your using for the computer, video card, and what worship software or and presentation software and maybe I can help more. I've been streaming our service for over a year now and learned tons through 100's of hours of trials and errors.

thompsonworld 26th March 2013 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthministry (Post 20325)
let me know what your using for the computer, video card, and what worship software or and presentation software and maybe I can help more. I've been streaming our service for over a year now and learned tons through 100's of hours of trials and errors.

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to see if you can help me out with our church streaming set-up. We are trying to figure out how to be able to switch our stream between a live camera input and capturing the output from our projection screen. We would like to use a Windows machine to stream (though we could probably use mac if needed), and currently use Propresenter on a macbook pro to project onto a screen in church. We currently can do this with u-stream using desktop presenter, but that is not an option for Livestream. We would like to switch to Livestream but are having no luck figuring out these details. Any help would be appreciated.

cseeman 27th March 2013 10:56

I think you need to detail your setup and what you're trying to stream to.
Original or New Livestream?
Camera, too vague, too many types, be specific
MacBookPro, be specific, too many types with different connections.
Windows, why, specific needs?
Capture output from the projector? Don't you mean capture output from ProPresenter on the MacBookPro?

Describe in enough detail so that someone could build a matching system with the exact same equipment. Then you can get a detailed response.

cbcdavison 27th March 2013 11:49

We currently do somewhat of the same thing at our church. Procaster has been an awesome tool! It allows you to switch seamlessly from camera display to computer display. Check it out. Hopefully it helps.

http://new.livestream.com/broadcast-live/encoder

Adam

cseeman 27th March 2013 12:13

But Procaster can only screengrab from the same computer. He seemed to imply wanting to use a 2nd computer, Windows. Also depending on the type of MacBookPro or Windows computer, he has to be concerned about getting the right hardware for camera input.

So I'd rather hear the complete details to steer him into a working setup.

thompsonworld 27th March 2013 19:20

Thank you for replying so quickly. I'm sorry I didn't provide many details. I was mostly trying to discern whether we could duplicate what we had been doing with Ustream, with Livestream - under ANY scenario. I assume we have the "new" Livestream as we are just starting to play with it in the last few weeks. For our set-up in Ustream we have been using a simple USB webcam to a Windows 7 machine as the streaming machine. A macbook pro (Lion) is running Propresenter to a projector (mini-DV to HDMI). You are right, I was mistaken when I said we capture the output from the projector...it is of course the output from Propresenter. Desktop Presenter is installed on the mac, which allows us to switch the view on the stream from camera to Propresenter output. So at this point I don't necessarily need to figure out every detail, only that it is possible, if that makes sense.

I'm the Propresenter gal, familiar with Macs, just trying to help out. For a number of reasons, Propresenter will continue to be on the mac platform. The person figuring out the streaming details is a Windows guy and trying to figure out how to use a Windows machine to stream and capture the audio of the service while also having the ability to capture the propresenter screen (as we do with Ustream). At the moment he is trying to use RealVNC viewer on the PC and the RealVNC client on the mac to try to capture the propresenter output.

Thank you so much for trying to jump in and help. I will try to fill in more details if you need.

nancy