Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cameras & Equipment (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How to LIVE Stream ANY camcorder!!! :) (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5027)

projectreveal 21st September 2010 18:50

How to LIVE Stream ANY camcorder!!! :)

Hey all.

i am pleased to announce how to live stream any camcorder :)

if you have a camcorder what doesnt have I.link OR Fire wire connections it can be tricky to find the compenents and costly...

But here is the cheapest option.

so if you was going to buy a camcorder with fire wire connection or a fire wire port, or anything costly!!! please dont...

As you can buy a DVR capture card... dont buy from any main store as they are like 60 - 70 pounds but go onto ebay... and you can pick them up for 10 - 20 usd.. search for "grabber usb audio video"

once that as come.. connect your AV cable with your camcorder into the DVR card, some DVR cards come with a direct slot into your camcorder :) but if not.. just connect the supplied AV cable from your camcorder into the DVR...

Open live stream, click find camera's choose your camera, then open the software from your computer and you will be live from your camcorder.

I hope this saves you money! :)

cseeman 26th September 2010 13:42

Just a warning that some people experience driver and/or audio sync issues with some of these cards. It depends on the card and driver.

Paz_11 20th September 2011 21:21

Live stream off a camcorder...

How do i streamlive, with a camcorder?
Here's what i have:

Mac book Pro, Panasonic DVX 100, Firewire 400 to DV cable
and i have a working account with livestream.com

I thought that was all i needed. Please help.

mbaron 21st September 2011 04:48

Paz_11,

Are you using Procaster to encode, if not I suggest doing so. I know that our production teams have previously used this camera with Livestream without issue. Is there any specific reason why you are unable to stream, or are you just looking for the directions to start off?

Matt
Livestream Producer Support

damascovi 5th October 2011 17:35

Camcorder Canon for Livestream

Good day,

I have a camcorder Canon and want to use it with my livestream account. I am presently using my webcam but for large areas it won't give me a sharp look. I want to be able to zoom in to individuals in a gathering and have acceptable view.

Also how can I get to eliminate any eco from a speaker in a conference room. I am thinking on pluging the microphone outlet on my laptop to the voice system directly and only get the audio from the person making the presentation.

Do I need some sort of adaptor to connect my camcorder to the laptop.

thanks,

Henry_live 5th October 2011 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by damascovi (Post 28411)
Good day,

I have a camcorder Canon and want to use it with my livestream account. I am presently using my webcam but for large areas it won't give me a sharp look. I want to be able to zoom in to individuals in a gathering and have acceptable view.

Also how can I get to eliminate any eco from a speaker in a conference room. I am thinking on pluging the microphone outlet on my laptop to the voice system directly and only get the audio from the person making the presentation.

Do I need some sort of adaptor to connect my camcorder to the laptop.

thanks,

Damascovi,

What is the model of your Canon camera? If it is a DV camera, you should be able to use a firewire cable to stream the image from your camera.

usembassyTV 8th October 2011 10:46

Get an expansion card (express card) with Firewire ports

we wanted to use our canon vixia with our laptop to stream live events.
we bought a Express Card with 2 firewire ports (37 usd), plugged it into our laptops expansion card slot, tehn connected the camera to that Firewire port using a Firewire cable.

as recommended we installed Livestream Producer on our laptop, selected the Microsoft DV option for video input and it worked excellent

we noticed the only issue is that it does not support Full HDV trasnmissions, but it is because we are using the free version.

hope it is useful for you. we are starting with this, so we will keep investigating, but we are very interested in mobile live broadcasting.

jasonlive 8th October 2011 16:50

I just wanted to point out that cameras in HDV mode aren't supported by Procaster with a free or Premium Livestream account. To stream in HD, you would need to install an HD capture card [something from the Blackmagic Decklink series, for example] and connect your camera to it via HDMI or HD-SDI. You can find more info here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...sing_Procaster

Best,
Jason

Pilgrim731 14th October 2011 00:29

Canon HF R200

"projectreveal" suggests using a USB A/V grabber. I have tried that, and yes, the computer will recognize the grabber but Procaster will not, nor the camera connected to the grabber.

I am trying to use a Canon HF R200 camcorder and it seems the only port on the camera that might work is the composite port. That is how I connected the camera to the grabber.

A notebook computer has to be used for my project, so an internal card won't work. Besides, the cost of a card approaches what the Canon cost!

I think I will have to buy on eBay an old DV camcorder which has a Firewire port to be able to livestream.

If anyone has any affordable suggestions otherwise, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks.

brian770 14th October 2011 18:32

hi everyone,
i am in desperate need of help. i am using a capture cable that allowes me to use my camcorder on the PC, i am having a problem with procaster seeing my camera. all other programs i have see it but i cant stream yet. my event is coming up in a week. i have run out of resources and getting this capture card was the end, i got it at the post at the top of this thread. well, it does not work.
can anybody walk me through the steps needed to stream, procaster says no camera.
thanks,