Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Camera Sound [Mic] Push-to-talk? (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4070)

Kudegra 9th June 2010 00:01

Camera Sound [Mic] Push-to-talk?

I've loved this program and got it working past all the bugs, The only thing it is missing is a "Push-To-Talk" feature which I would like to be added as I don't like the mic picking up extra sounds in the background.

Luzarius 10th April 2011 05:51

No push to talk hotkey? Is this for real?

This is crazy. I can't believe there is no push to talk hotkey while you livestream. It's hard to imagine paying $350.00 a month when they don't even have this small core requirement.

In every type of recording environment there is always a hardcoded method that prevents the mic from working at the software level. I shouldn't have to rely on my headset's mic on/off switch.

PLEASE, I need a push to talk hotkey especially if one is going to consider paying $350.00 a month.

This is unreal, I'm shocked.

jasonlive 10th April 2011 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luzarius (Post 23090)
This is crazy. I can't believe there is no push to talk hotkey while you livestream. It's hard to imagine paying $350.00 a month when they don't even have this small core requirement.

In every type of recording environment there is always a hardcoded method that prevents the mic from working at the software level. I shouldn't have to rely on my headset's mic on/off switch.

PLEASE, I need a push to talk hotkey especially if one is going to consider paying $350.00 a month.

This is unreal, I'm shocked.

Luzarius,

I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to our development team. FYI, if you're using Procaster you can control your input/volume through the audio mixer.

Best,
Jason

Luzarius 16th May 2011 00:03

Are the folks at livestream smart enough to add "push to talk"?

Just curious if you guys are smart enough intellectually to add a push to talk hotkey for procaster?

RickyBob 27th June 2011 10:58

I agree with you here. This is a feature which I have become accustomed to through the use of other voice applications. I know that there are hardware solutions to this issue such as push to talk microphones, but it would be much more convenient to have this option within the application itself. Is it possible that this will be an option in the future? I was wondering if anyone knows anything about freedom voice? I am considering their services, and would apreciate any feedback I can get. Thank you.

Flanlord 6th July 2011 07:15

Ah-ha! Found someone else who had the same thought as I did so I guess I don't need to start a new thread, I'll just bump this one.

Could add a simple hotkey function for sound channels in the mixer to turn the volume on and off, could make more complex productions with various sound inputs easier.

I'd love to see an option to add sound from individual programs as an option, but for gameplay with mumble, ventrilo, teamspeak etc. having a push-to-talk shared hotkey would be extremely nice, so that viewers can hear what the broadcaster is saying to their allies without the caster being forced to 1. tab in and out of the game to fiddle with the audio mixer every time they want to talk, or 2. be constantly broadcasting unintentional white noise that they don't want.

PanzarSturm 14th October 2011 22:29

Oh yes yes.. I would love this to have push to talk as well
I use teamspeak and stuff like that to chat with my clan mates but then when livestreaming I have to turn off the mic off the program coze it will pick up all the sound around me but I dont need that..

can anyone tell me how can I can config on win7 so it would work as push to talk kinda.. ?

Nekoyoubi 22nd July 2012 14:33

Really?

It takes over two years to add a "Only record this audio channel when this configurable key is pressed"-option?

I am a software and web product developer by trade and I can't fathom that one...