Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Production Tips (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Converting .flv to uncompressed .avi! (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188)

oakis 25th September 2008 11:23

Converting .flv to uncompressed .avi!
 
Does anyone know where i can get hold of a program that can convert .flv to uncompressed .avi?

Thanks.

davidaron 26th September 2008 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakis (Post 563)
Does anyone know where i can get hold of a program that can convert .flv to uncompressed .avi?

Thanks.

If you are running OSX, try ffmpegX: http://ffmpegx.com/

Its free, too.

oakis 26th September 2008 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidaron (Post 569)
If you are running OSX, try ffmpegX: http://ffmpegx.com/

Its free, too.

Im using Windows XP.

oakis 27th September 2008 05:12

Btw, i downloaded one of my clips and tried to convert it using another FFMPEG.
Got error, tried again, error, again, error.. etc. :/

Any idea why?

davidaron 27th September 2008 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakis (Post 587)
Btw, i downloaded one of my clips and tried to convert it using another FFMPEG.
Got error, tried again, error, again, error.. etc. :/

Any idea why?

Paste the text from the error console window here, and I'll try to take a look at it. You may need an extra component for the program to convert flash video, which is a proprietary format.

innerbalance11 19th April 2010 19:25

You wanted converters
 
I could give you a whole list of free converters for XP starting with Realplayer the new version has a FLV converter built right in as a free add on.

The only trouble is trying to get them to convert the files from LiveStreem flv files to anything else WMV for instance with audio still attached. This is three days with online tec to get this problem fixed.

Do any of you have the solution to this mystery.

Thank you

davidaron 19th April 2010 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerbalance11 (Post 11767)
I could give you a whole list of free converters for XP starting with Realplayer the new version has a FLV converter built right in as a free add on.

The only trouble is trying to get them to convert the files from LiveStreem flv files to anything else WMV for instance with audio still attached. This is three days with online tec to get this problem fixed.

Do any of you have the solution to this mystery.

Thank you


Try MPEG Streamclip You can even trim them down before converting.

innerbalance11 20th April 2010 23:08

Thank you for your help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidaron (Post 11769)
Try MPEG Streamclip You can even trim them down before converting.

thank you so much i will give this a go

innerbalance11 21st April 2010 00:06

is this program for apple ??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidaron (Post 11769)
Try MPEG Streamclip You can even trim them down before converting.

i have pc xp so i don't think this program is working

davidaron 21st April 2010 21:42

There is a Windows version at the link I posted. Should work.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:00.