Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Support Issues (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Importing isues: UPDATED (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427)

clloyd 22nd July 2009 21:26

Recorded video does not import and convert

I'm getting rather frustrated. For two days now I've been unable to use any video recorded in the Livestream studio. Things appear to be going fine but when I go to the recordings folder everything that was recorded says "Unable to download the video." What is the point of recording if it just disappears??? Anyone else having this problem or having any solutions?

marlonj 23rd July 2009 02:18

Recorded Video don't work

The same at my channel
:(

rafaellosso 24th July 2009 18:50

me too

same here.

Thinking about trying out ustream.com because of this.

beardww 25th July 2009 01:22

very upset

for my entire world baseball tournament, recording has not been working. Technical support says the videos are gone, and not retrievable. I cannot believe this. I have tried streaming from procaster, and directly on the flash studio interface and the same problems happen.

cooper_inc1 25th July 2009 13:59

Importing isues: UPDATED

So I'm broadcasting live, and the recorder says its recording. Once my show is down, I stop the recording and it says it will be available in my recording folder and what not, but when I check it, the only things that are recorded correctly are my uploaded videos that I use for commercials. My actual broadcast just appears as a yellow and grey striped box which says "unable to import clip" or something like that. This has happened to me 4 times in a row now, and its getting annoying because I have no way to fix it. If anyone has any suggestion that would be great.

benhomer 25th July 2009 19:39

We are investigating some recording issues that have appeared in the past week due to increased load on our servers. We have now doubled our server recording capacity and are continuing to monitor closely to ensure there are no further issues and are taking steps to ensure we don't run into this type of issue again in the future. Thank you for your patience.

-Ben
Livestream Support

Disead 12th July 2010 01:46

Was this fixed?

I keep getting a message that first says that livestream is unable to download the video. I click the retry button, and it says that " Our server is now importing and converting your clip. It usually takes 1.5 mins for a 1 min clip." Then it sits there for about a minute and then gives an error that says "unable to download clip". What is this? It was from a live performance that was very important and irrecoverable. Is there any way to get this back?

EugeeTV 13th July 2010 17:54

Based on how many WoW:Cataclysm streams have popped up on Livestream I can understand the impact this server load has had. My question is if I have a clip that was recorded that keeps failing when I click Retry, should I just consider the footage lost, or will it possibly manage to upload in the future?

Henry_live 14th July 2010 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeeTV (Post 14330)
Based on how many WoW:Cataclysm streams have popped up on Livestream I can understand the impact this server load has had. My question is if I have a clip that was recorded that keeps failing when I click Retry, should I just consider the footage lost, or will it possibly manage to upload in the future?

If your recording continues to fail after clicking "Retry" several times, it is likely that the recording has failed completely. To avoid cases like this in the future, I recommend saving your recordings locally using Procaster (www.livestream.com/procaster) by following the instructions at the following URL: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...er#Desktop_Tab

nerdonthestreet 27th July 2013 16:26

What's causing the failed recordings to happen, specifically? Running out of space? And why isn't there a warning message WHEN the video stops recording, rather than after?