Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cameras & Equipment (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Webcam "can be busy"? (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12725)

SinceSaturday 23rd December 2013 22:48

Webcam "can be busy"?

Hi,
To start off with I am using the ASUS V550ca with Windows 8, and Livestream version 20.3.25. My laptop has a built in camera.

When I open Procaster and select "asus virtual camera", the whole procaster begins to go very slow. When I click 'go live', the process of beginning the stream is incredibly slow. It get about 5/6ths of the way through, up to "starting camera", then the next thing I know the screen says "Stopping camera" "disconnecting" and then comes up with an error message - "Livestream Procaster. Error opening camera (it can be busy)".

I've tried closing all other possible programmes on my laptop and just nothing will work! I know it's possible to stream your screen AND have a live webcam of yourself at the same time, as I've seen it done. Why is it saying my camera "can be busy"?

Please help!

bblinder 24th December 2013 15:17

Hi there,

Is the Asus Virtual Camera your only video source option?

Virtual cameras have been known to give that error message, and it's generally recommended that they either be disabled or deleted.

SinceSaturday 24th December 2013 21:41

Asus Virtual Camera

It isn't my only camera, there is another. However I've tried using that camera instead and the same thing happens with that one?
Neither will connect, though I haven't deleted/disabled the virtual camera, nor can I figure out how to do it? Could you tell me how?
Thank you very much

bblinder 25th December 2013 18:21

The ASUS virtual camera is an application that basically allows more than one program to access your camera simultaneously. Even when it's not selected, Procaster will still detect it and give you the error message.

You can uninstall ASUS Virtual Camera from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.

On the Start menu ( or for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do the following:

Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.

When you find the program ASUS Virtual Camera, click it, and then do the following:
Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.

Follow the prompts. Restart the computer and let me know if you receive the same error message.

damngoodiam 16th February 2014 07:57

There are sometimes Webcam are busy becuase they are being used by another programs and if there is another problem then just restart you pc and it will be done.

Ghosthots 5th September 2014 23:48

Do i Have to buy a new webcam to broadcast ?

Hi i have macbook and Dell XPS do i've to buy a new webcam which support Livestream ?? And also is there any way i can share Livestream channel using skype ?
------------------