Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   100% CPU usage. I don't know what to do .. (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10250)

ele_pucci 30th December 2012 13:39

100% CPU usage. I don't know what to do ..

I'm sorry in advance for my english.
I have problems streaming with Procaster. My CPU is often 100% while i'm using it.

I'm on a notebook and my processor is AMD Athlon X2 QL-65, 2.1 Ghz.

I have no idea if it meets the minimum requirements for streaming. So please help me.

ernielive 31st December 2012 14:12

ele_pucci,

You can find the system requirements for Procaster here. Unfortunately your CPU will not be able to run Procaster, I would advise looking into an alternate solution to us with our platform, such as Flash Media Live Encoder.

ele_pucci 31st December 2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernielive (Post 35933)
ele_pucci,

You can find the system requirements for Procaster here. Unfortunately your CPU will not be able to run Procaster, I would advise looking into an alternate solution to us with our platform, such as Flash Media Live Encoder.

The point is, i don't know what kind of processor would be fine with it .. I read the system requirements but they're not so useful. I don't have knowledge about computers, and can't even tell which processors (AMD or Intel) are higher than Pentium Core 2 Duo, anyways.

coryfrans 2nd January 2013 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ele_pucci (Post 35937)
The point is, i don't know what kind of processor would be fine with it .. I read the system requirements but they're not so useful. I don't have knowledge about computers, and can't even tell which processors (AMD or Intel) are higher than Pentium Core 2 Duo, anyways.

Hello,

I suggest letting us know what exactly you want to accomplish, and we will give you a CPU option to help meet your needs. Let us know so we can help out.

ele_pucci 3rd January 2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryfrans (Post 35945)
Hello,

I suggest letting us know what exactly you want to accomplish, and we will give you a CPU option to help meet your needs. Let us know so we can help out.

I'd like to stream my notebook desktop in live, while using Photoshop. i don't ask for HD video quality, even with decent/normal quality I'd be happy. Also, I'd like it not to freeze/increase the CPU usage while I'm opening more of one application, for example Photoshop + iTunes + Chrome (I am specifying this because it already was 100% even with 0 applications open ..).

I hope this informations will be useful. Let me know if you want to know something else.

coryfrans 4th January 2013 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ele_pucci (Post 35962)
I'd like to stream my notebook desktop in live, while using Photoshop. i don't ask for HD video quality, even with decent/normal quality I'd be happy. Also, I'd like it not to freeze/increase the CPU usage while I'm opening more of one application, for example Photoshop + iTunes + Chrome (I am specifying this because it already was 100% even with 0 applications open ..).

I hope this informations will be useful. Let me know if you want to know something else.

I would suggest that if you are going to use a Laptop, to get yourself one that has a Intel Core i7 quadcore cpu. This will ensure that when running multiple programs at the same time you will not max out your CPU

ele_pucci 4th January 2013 13:08

I see. What if i were to buy a PC desktop, for example a Mac Mini? What processor should it be?

coryfrans 4th January 2013 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ele_pucci (Post 35973)
I see. What if i were to buy a PC desktop, for example a Mac Mini? What processor should it be?

If you were to purchase the Mac Mini, I would suggest getting the one with the 2.3 ghz core i7 quad core cpu.