Livestream Forum

Livestream Forum (http://www.livestream.com/forum/index.php)
-   Procaster Windows (http://www.livestream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Games crashing in Game Mode (Windows 8) (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10175)

demonhiei7 24th November 2012 14:28

Games crashing in Game Mode (Windows 8)
 
I've tried everything, the only thing that works is the beta version of Procaster but only on the initial install. Version 20.3.8P installs and works fine the first time, if I ever try to restart my computer procaster goes back to crashing all my games when I try to stream in game mode.

Specs are... Quadcore 2.8 GHZ, 16 GBs RAM, Cable: 32 up/2 down

Another complaint I have is, I don't have the option to change my install location.

ernielive 24th November 2012 19:50

demonhiei7,

We haven't done much testing in terms of Windows 8 and gaming. Which games have crashed on you?

demonhiei7 25th November 2012 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernielive (Post 35682)
demonhiei7,

We haven't done much testing in terms of Windows 8 and gaming. Which games have crashed on you?

Every game. I have everything updated to the latest, drivers and such, it runs fine in desktop streaming, but if I try to use game mode, the games immediately crash if I try to run them, or if they run at all. Games work fine as well without running Procaster, the only thing that seems to solve it is if I run installation of Procaster.

In short, install procaster, game mode, game runs fine. If I close procaster and run it again, game mode, game crashes immediately on startup, or if I ever select game mode the game crashes.

ernielive 27th November 2012 12:36

What is the specific model of your processor? Also, it would be helpful if you could list at least some of the games which are crashing so we can test.

demonhiei7 28th November 2012 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernielive (Post 35705)
What is the specific model of your processor? Also, it would be helpful if you could list at least some of the games which are crashing so we can test.

I'll add the processor name later...

Games that crash:

Payday The Heist
Alien VS Predator
Counter-Strike:Source
Any source enging games (Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress)
Super Meat Boy
Saints Row The Third
Assassin's Creed 3
LEGO Lord of the Rings

demonhiei7 29th November 2012 21:24

The processor is called

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core.

ernielive 30th November 2012 20:58

Your CPU likely cannot handle Procaster plus a game. When streaming, Procaster will automatically utilize 3 cores of a QuadCore processor, which doesn't leave much in terms of resources for a game to run smoothly on an older Phenom CPU. I would suggest at least trying Procaster 20.3.10 which is optimized for game mode.

demonhiei7 2nd December 2012 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernielive (Post 35737)
Your CPU likely cannot handle Procaster plus a game. When streaming, Procaster will automatically utilize 3 cores of a QuadCore processor, which doesn't leave much in terms of resources for a game to run smoothly on an older Phenom CPU. I would suggest at least trying Procaster 20.3.10 which is optimized for game mode.

You would think that, but it runs perfect on Windows 7. I have no problems streaming on Windows 7, I did so before making the jump. The problem is Procaster isn't working well for Windows 8, in this case something in the registry is messing up, because procaster works fine on initial install and then checking the option to run Procaster after install. As soon it is restarted, some option/dll/line of code/registry runs that it didn't run post install, causing Procaster to crash any game. You can also see in my channel, that streams run fine and look fine on Windows 8, if I reinstall Procaster.

I will try out that version of Procaster.

EDIT: On a further note, I am using that version, its the only version that works on Windows 8.

coryfrans 3rd December 2012 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhiei7 (Post 35771)
You would think that, but it runs perfect on Windows 7. I have no problems streaming on Windows 7, I did so before making the jump. The problem is Procaster isn't working well for Windows 8, in this case something in the registry is messing up, because procaster works fine on initial install and then checking the option to run Procaster after install. As soon it is restarted, some option/dll/line of code/registry runs that it didn't run post install, causing Procaster to crash any game. You can also see in my channel, that streams run fine and look fine on Windows 8, if I reinstall Procaster.

I will try out that version of Procaster.

EDIT: On a further note, I am using that version, its the only version that works on Windows 8.

Hello,

Just to be sure...did this version help out? And what version did you have before hand?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47.