Last blog, we told you about video effects PC software Webcam Max. We’d now like to give a plug to our friend Steve Green, who wrote CamTwist. This is very useful Mac freeware that’s already used by many of our Mogulus users for amazing video effects.
- Add real-time effects to your live video broadcasts, including RSS tickers, spotlights, halos, zooms, or countdowns.
- Stream still images or animated gifs.
- Stage an effect chain and preview it before pushing it live.
- Move objects around using fine-grained controls.
- Inset separate video streams for a picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
- Use multiple video chat programs or multiple video screens at the same time, with easy camera selection. (Note that CamTwist does not work with iChat.)
CamTwist runs on Mac OS X 10.4 (Intel or PPC). It can be quite resource intensive, so the more CPU processing power the better. The more interesting effects also require Quartz Extreme support. (To find out if your Mac supports Quartz Extreme, go to this article: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301347.)
You can download CamTwist at http://allocinit.com/index.php?title=CamTwist. Although it is freeware, we do encourage you to give Steve a donation for the privilege of using such great software.