Our recent iPhone Service, which allows anyone to make their Livestream webcast available on the iPhone, got a lot of attention from industry as well as mainstream media!
Here’s a selection of the coverage:
- NY Times: Stream Live Video to the iPhone With Livestream’s Procaster
- PC World: Livestream’s New Service Streams Live Video to the IPhone
- Mashable: , “Livestream Brings Live Video to Mobile Safari”
- Giga OM: How to Watch NewTeeVee Live From Your iPhone
- Mac World: Livestream’s new service streams live video to the iPhone
- Venture Beat: Stream live video to the iPhone with Livestream’s Procaster
- BNet: Livestream Procaster: Stream live video to iPhones everywhere
After many months of development, we are proud to release the beta version of Procaster Mac!
Overall its functionally is similar to the PC version, allowing users to broadcast their digital life with one press of the GO LIVE button. We’re still working on some sought after features like local recording, broadcasting speaker audio and better CPU/quality balance, all expected within the next few weeks as the beta version gets augmented. Meanwhile, users should feel free to help us test the beta and provide feedback. We do suggest that users not use this version in the production environment yet; they should wait for the beta version to mature a little bit more.
While on the outside Procaster Mac looks very similar to Procaster PC, we’ve actually re-done the behind the scenes architecture of the product. From now on we’ll have a shared code base for both Mac and PC versions, and every new feature we add will be created for both platforms at once. It also means a more stable release cycle and a broader base for future expansions. Doing this allowed us to add an H.264 encoding, a new graphic auto updater and other features (all expected in the next PC version, too). Check out the new Procaster Mac wiki page here, which will be updated with more information as new versions are released.
As for the future, we’re working both on closing the small gap that exists with the PC version as well on some cool expansions that are expected in the next few months, which we believe will rock the broadcasting world and open huge new possibilities for producers to enrich their broadcasts. Stay tuned.
- Lior Messinger
The User Experience Project blazes on. Today, we are very happy to introduce Full Channel Customization. Broadcasters are now in control of every visual element on their Channel Pages: from background color and background image to foreground color, to which of the three new chat options to display as the default, and even which tab (Latest Videos, About, Events) to greet their viewers with.
Equally exciting is the new addition of Full Twitter Control. All broadcasters can now control Search Query and premium broadcasters can now customize Channel URL and even Suggested Follow.
The Livestream User Experience Initiative is officially underway. Today’s public beta launch marks the beginning of a comprehensive program designed solely to enhance the Livestream experience for you and your viewers.
Please feel free to add /beta to the end of any channel page and take next year’s model for a test drive today. Put the top down, let the wind blow through your hair, kick the tires and please give us your feedback. This is a Beta release so don’t be alarmed if you find a bug or two on the windshield.
Livestream Channel and Clip pages have been completely redesigned. We hope that you find the new look cleaner, friendlier and more intuitive. New clip page URLs will also be shorted for easy sharing.
Livestream now offers control over the appearance of user channel pages. Broadcasters may now choose colors or background images to fully customize the look of their channels. Coming very soon is the addition of control over the foreground color as well.
The new player offers full page widescreen expand mode…
a new pop-out feature…
and all elements of the new embeddable player are now customizable for seamless integration. Color, size and even such specifics as auto-play and auto-mute are all customizable. Players have been designed so that multiple players can be embedded into the same page and the embedded thumbnails are also constantly updating live in real-time when the players are inactive.
And don’t worry. The old embeddable player will continue to be available. We will continue to support the old player as long as is necessary.
Livestream has introduced a revolutionary new player-side chat companion. Users can discuss live videos in real time using Facebook, Twitter or the soon to be released updated Livestream chat. Some advancements of the new livestream chat include a new cleaner look, ability to embed the chat separately, login required option for chatting, IP banning, easy moderation within the chat window itself (no need to use the studio) and the ability to promote any user to chat moderator. This chat widget will also be embeddable very shortly.
Sharing videos and channels has never been easier with Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Digg and Delicious just one click away. Customization of the new embedded player is also accessible from the new Share page.
NEW VIDEO LIBRARY
The new browsable searchable Video Library makes it infinitely easier for viewers to find videos. And because the new library is HTML, search engines are now able to crawl and return results for individual videos.
Visit the live page »
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY!
Just add /beta to the end of any channel page to experience all of these changes. We hope you enjoy the new pages and look forward to your feedback. Please use the new Beta section of the Livestream forum to report any bugs and any issues you may have while exploring the new pages.
C-SPAN is offering four-camera, live coverage from the venue, allowing each viewer to select his or her own view (www.c-span.org/Supreme-Court-Sotomayor-Senate-Confirmation-Hearings.aspx). The multi-channel player with refreshing live thumbnails of the streams was developed in two days using the power of the soon-to-be-launched Livestream Player API (application programming interface).
“Using the Livestream Platform enabled us to develop and launch this project in just a few days,” said Stephen Harkness, C-SPAN Director of New Media. “It also allows us to reach the maximum number of viewers through its scalability and Flash-based player which requires no download to view the live stream.”
C-SPAN has previously used Livestream to cover the 2008 presidential election, broadcasting debates through C-SPAN’s “Debate Cam,” and other election-related events. The network also provided viewers with one of the most in-depth offerings of live online coverage of Inauguration Day.
Download the full press release here.
The newest version of Procaster is now available for download at www.procaster.com.
This version includes:
- Ability to save a copy of the broadcast locally to the desktop as a backup.
- Check and suggest to change from Vista AERO scheme (for better framerate)
- Better timecode handling (should resolve sync / recording time issues)
- Camera name label on CAMERA button
- Deinterlace ‘best quality’ is default now
- Support for WebcamMax
- If no camera on computer, desktop mode is selected
- Add ‘auto minimize after start broadcast’
- In-game status messages
- More game options (text colors, position etc)
- Fix for hardware crash
- Fix for crash in middle of progress bar
- Fix for camera freezing
- Fix for Can’t save/use other audio device when dvcam plugged in
- Webcam now always associated with default audio input
- Change Esc default shortcut to stop to SHIFT-Esc
Enjoy and as always your feedback is appreciated!
We’re excited to tell you that Mogulus PRO is available today! We’ve been hard at work enhancing the Mogulus platform to respond to everyone interested in professional features, and we think it will be worth the wait.
There are some important changes happening along with the launch of Mogulus PRO that will affect every producer. Plus, there’s a great offer at the end…
What is Mogulus PRO?
Mogulus Pro gives you the same great, industry-leading features and functionality that you now enjoy with your Mogulus FREE account – and more! We’ve added a bundle of new features geared toward professional producers, so you can have even more quality, control and flexibility.
Let’s take a look at the Mogulus PRO features available upon launch:
All PRO channels will automatically have our network overlay ads removed, so you’re in full control of the user experience.
Use supported ad networks to monetize your content by integrating overlay ads from ScanScout or Google AdSense for Video.
Detailed analytics on your PRO channels including statistics on viewer minutes, unique viewers, channel usage, content, embedded players, referrers, and more.
Remove your channel from the Mogulus Program Guide and Mogulus Grid, and even restrict the websites that can embed your channel.
PRO channels can opt to broadcast HD-quality streams (up to 1.7 mbps) with On2 VP6 encoded media transcoded on our servers.
PRO channels can also customize format to broadcast in standard (4:3), wide-screen (16:9), or even cinema (2.39:1).
White Label Player
PRO channels can remove the Mogulus logo and all Mogulus-related links from the Player for completely self-branded user experience.
PRO channel owners retain all rights to their broadcast content, with very favorable terms, and a Service Level Agreement that gives you the guarantees you need.
There are many more PRO features and improvements under development, including scheduled programming, APIs, and additional options to monetize your content, including integration of more advertising networks and self-managed campaigns.
Mogulus PRO Plans & Pricing
Mogulus PRO plans will be based on the number of PRO channels you need, and how much storage and bandwidth you use. There will be two plans available upon launch:
PRO-1 ($350 per month)
- 1 Pro Channel
- 25 GB / mo storage included (overage at $1.50 / GB)
- 25 GB / mo bandwidth included (overage at $1.50 / GB)
PRO-10 ($1,250 per month)
- 10 Pro Channels
- 200 GB / mo storage included (overage at $1.00 / GB)
- 200 GB / mo bandwidth included (overage at $0.80 / GB)
All users with PRO plans can continue creating FREE channels anytime, just as you do today. If you do have a PRO plan, now you can simply set the channels you choose to “PRO” (up to the number of channel slots available in your plan).
How Much Would it Cost to Go PRO for Your Channel?
Purchasing a PRO plan will be easy. When we launch, there will be an easy, self-service interface on our website that lets you pick a plan, enter your credit card, and start using PRO features immediately.
What Does This Mean for Current FREE Producers?
First, don’t worry. You can keep using Mogulus the way you always have without any big difference in the way you use Mogulus today. We want to make sure this a smooth transition.
That said, here is what you need to keep in mind:
- All FREE channels will now have ads. You will need to purchase a PRO plan in order to remove ads. By placing ads on FREE channels, we can continue offering you all of the features you love about Mogulus, for FREE!
- For users that already have ads disabled on existing Free channels, we offer a 2 week grace period before we begin displaying overlay ads on your channels.
- Users who want PRO features can finally have them! We’ve listened to thousands of feature requests in developing Mogulus PRO, and we hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
Special Promotion for Beta Users
For those of you that have been patiently waiting for Mogulus Pro, we have two special offers if you sign up now:
- The first ten (10) users that buy a Pro-1 plan get 1000 GB of free bandwidth or storage – your choice ($1,500 value)
- The first ten (10) users that buy a Pro-10 plan get 10,000 GB of free bandwidth or storage – your choice ($8,000 value)
We will confirm the winners via email to the first 10 who sign up for each plan. Winners can select which they prefer — free storage or free bandwidth — and we will add a credit to their account by the end of the month.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out. Meanwhile, stay tuned for more news on Mogulus PRO, and enhancements to the entire Mogulus platform.
In preparation for the imminent launch of Mogulus Pro, we have made several platform changes as part of the most recent release:
- We have enforced a limit of 500Kbps (total bitrate) for Flash Media Encoder. If you hit this limit the FME stream will not connect and an e- mail notification will be sent to the channel owner.
- We have removed the Manage Advertising tab in the most recent version of Mogulus Studio (beta 3.1.9). Existing channels with advertising already disabled will remain ad-free for a two week grace period after the imminent Mogulus Pro launch. After this time, channels will need to upgrade to Pro if they wish to stay ad-free.
Stay tuned for news on the launch of Pro coming very soon.
With the latest release of the Mogulus Studio we have introduced the much requested feature of chat moderation. Producers now have the ability to ban chat room users for limited periods of time or permanently.
For more information on how to use this feature have a look at our user guide:
The Mogulus team released an updated version of the Mogulus Player and Studio.
New features include :
- RSS Storyboards – Turn any Media RSS Feed into an automatically updated Mogulus storyboard. Mogulus will keep the storyboard synchronised so that when a new video podcast is published – it appears automatically in your Mogulus channel. You can make that storyboard available as a Video On Demand playlist or let it drive your auto-pilot.
- New advanced feature when using Flash Media Encoder with Mogulus : Including the ability to set an aspect ratio to support 16/9 cameras, ability to automatically add your recording to the on-demand library and auto-pilot without the need to go in the studio.
- Upload File Update : Upload Flash Video files (.FLV) directly to Mogulus without re-transcoding so that you can perform your own encoding using tools such as On2 Flix Pro (www.on2.com)
You can read more about the new features :